GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

Just now, ccecilnosebleed said:

Anyone think the “expanded role” Rodgers is talking about having could mean him running a little more than usual? I’ve been wondering if the Russel Wilson affect might influence their game plan (obviously I know he doesn’t run like Wilson but you tell him that).

Maybe LaFleur is actually going to make Rodgers pass over the middle of the field in practice so our defense can see what it's like. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Anyone think the “expanded role” Rodgers is talking about having could mean him running a little more than usual? I’ve been wondering if the Russel Wilson affect might influence their game plan (obviously I know he doesn’t run like Wilson but you tell him that).

If lafleur was talking to mcvay, the latter would have had to recommend bootlegging off play actions a lot. He had success with that against the niners the second game, just didn't have a backup plan when the niners adjusted

Bootlegs are a double edged sword. It buys you some time but also cuts the field in half. Also I believe the 49ers play a lot of zone so lots of eyes on Rodgers every step of the way. Cover 3 and all the variations seems to be their favorite

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

Bootlegs are a double edged sword. It buys you some time but also cuts the field in half. Also I believe the 49ers play a lot of zone so lots of eyes on Rodgers every step of the way. Cover 3 and all the variations seems to be their favorite

We run cover 3 the third highest in the league, quarters coverage second highest, just fyi 

1 hour ago, James Lofton said:

Ugh. This video scares the hell out of me

37 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Seriously

This should ease things

The last 4 times the Packers have faced a Kyle Shanahan offense either as head coach or offensive coordinator, they are 1-3 and have allowed 36.0 PPG.

Right now, watching the Sea game, before the 49ers div game, I think this team has a legit shot. Jimmy is no Wilson. Bulaga won't let Jadeveon blow up the right side in the run game. (fingys crossed) Tramon can deal with Deebo better than Lockett. Amos + Chandon should be ok on Kittle.

Might be the Canadian whiskeys. I'll watch the 9ers now and get back to you.