GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

They activated Raven Greene today, filling the 53rd roster spot. If JK were truly in danger of missing the game, they would have signed a punter off the street. At least, that’s what I’m telling myself...

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

They activated Raven Greene today, filling the 53rd roster spot. If JK were truly in danger of missing the game, they would have signed a punter off the street. At least, that’s what I’m telling myself...

Raven Greene to handle punting duties

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

Could always Madden it and never kick or punt

Hopefully Lazard can beat up Ahkello vertically and Davante can shake Sherman. I think Jones is going to have to run real routes, the LBs are too fast and are very well coached vs screens and delay dumpoffs. The DL attacks through players, might be able to capitalize on some traps..

But loooordt this D is so solid. I recommend getting a few of your favorite drinks and just enjoy how they play honestly, super fun to watch them operate on the 22, it's almost impossible to put together this DL. I know I've already come to terms with either possibility.

Defensively it's not some impossible game. Their backs are good runners but not dynamic threats, the OL is good but not special, WR's aren't outstanding, Kittle is a bummer. Just a real solid unit, Shanahan was a great hire. DL has to come real prepared, it really comes down to Dean and Lancaster. If we want to run the 3-3 those two really hold the keys. Honestly I'd scrap Lancaster as much as possible and play Z at the 5 next to Fack. I don't feel good about our weak link.

Here's to washing our hands and butts and getting to the ship.

15 hours ago, Silent502 said:

You make great points. 49ers are the worst possible match-up for our defense. Hard to maintain discipline with the motion, misdirection, etc. We have no answer for Kittle. Also, in the 1st matchup they didn't really exploit their RB's vs our ILB's in the passing game, which could be ugly. 

If we can slow down the run & get into 3rd & distance, I like our chances. We have to force Garoppolo off his 1st read & hope our rush can get home. In the first game our blitzes worked really well. The package where Za'Darius Smith roams around the line caused a fumble the first time it was unveiled. Also, after Garoppolo threw the INT against the Vikings the 49ers leaned on the running game. Somewhat telling. He's had a great year, though.

I don't know, but I think ignoring the misdirection and being gap- secure while doubling Kittle would force JG to beat you outside.

think about it, gap-secure mostly stops the run, doubling Kittle could take him away.

Whats left? JG beating you outside with the WR's. I'll take those odds. 

6 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Hopefully Lazard can beat up Ahkello vertically and Davante can shake Sherman. I think Jones is going to have to run real routes, the LBs are too fast and are very well coached vs screens and delay dumpoffs. The DL attacks through players, might be able to capitalize on some traps..

But loooordt this D is so solid. I recommend getting a few of your favorite drinks and just enjoy how they play honestly, super fun to watch them operate on the 22, it's almost impossible to put together this DL. I know I've already come to terms with either possibility.

Defensively it's not some impossible game. Their backs are good runners but not dynamic threats, the OL is good but not special, WR's aren't outstanding, Kittle is a bummer. Just a real solid unit, Shanahan was a great hire. DL has to come real prepared, it really comes down to Dean and Lancaster. If we want to run the 3-3 those two really hold the keys. Honestly I'd scrap Lancaster as much as possible and play Z at the 5 next to Fack. I don't feel good about our weak link.

Here's to washing our hands and butts and getting to the ship.

I'm hoping our OL plays up to their potential today.  In the last game they did not and you can't have that against a DL like this or you are screwed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'm hoping our OL plays up to their potential today.  In the last game they did not and you can't have that against a DL like this or you are screwed.

Wasn't Bulaga out for half that game and Bakhtiari was nursing an injury that affected his game? I think I read somewhere that he's really been back to his normal self the past 4 weeks or so.

“When I was 5 and I watched Joe Montana take the Niners down the field against the Bengals and throw a touchdown to John Taylor for the win,” Rodgers said on gal pal Danica Patrick’s podcast, “I remember thinking, that’s what I wanted to do. Then fast forward to 14 and I’m watching MJ, Michael Jordan, last game with the Bulls, and he crosses up [Bryon] Russell at the foul line and drains a mid-range shot, and that’s what I always said, ‘I want to do that. I want the ball in the clutch moments.’ ”

He is 36 now, and he knows you better seize the moment when you have it staring you in the face, because you are never promised another one.