GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is it really heartbreak? I think we all expected this season too end the first time we played a good team in the playoffs

Most expected to end the season 8-8 without a whiff of a playoff game.  Would it be heartbreak  ... not really ... disappointment ... yes.  Look out next year!! 

Niners are the one outside of the division team I hate most for the simple fact that I live in Niners territory and actually have to deal with their fans irl. Yeah I hate our division foes but win or loss I don't have to worry about seeing any Bears or Vikes fans afterwards.

So please GB, find a way. Any way

Quick strategy session: I've been wearing my packers socks on gameday all year. It's difficult to argue with the results they've gotten. I also have a 2010 NFC Champions shirt that I haven't worn all year because it has become a shade small on me. The T-shirt has yielded positive results in the past and was in heavy gameday rotation during the 2014 season, for example. Go with what works, or pull out all the stops?

27 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Everybody here was talking about how we'd be over matched with Seattle. Now suddenly they are not a good team. Hell, everybody here thought we were over matched with the Vikings. 

Are we going to keep moving the goal posts until we win the Super Bowl? Then what? Is it going to be how lucky we got or how it was just a terrible year and there really weren't any good teams? 

We're 14-3 and we have a chance in this game! May not be a 5 out of 10 chance but we have a chance. You can throw the last game out the window. This is a new week, new game and we'll be better prepared. 

Nobody was saying we would be overmatched by Seattle. We were favored in that game

Seattle had a bad defense and an offense that was beat to hell. They had a +7 differential. That was an average team throughout the year and definitely weren't at their best.

The Vikings game was a good win against a good team. If we win today, this will be a great win, and almost assuredly there will be some luck involved. You tend to need that in the road against the best team in the league. That doesn't make it a bad it inconsequential win.

15 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Most expected to end the season 8-8 without a whiff of a playoff game.  Would it be heartbreak  ... not really ... disappointment ... yes.  Look out next year!! 

Didn't like 50% of our fans in the preseason poll predict 10-6 with another like 25% at 9-7?

6 minutes ago, GalenaPackFan said:

I feel a 7+ point victory. NO ONE is giving GB a chance. That's when AR shows up big, unlike when GB is odds on to win. If GB plays like they can, 49ers can be beat. 

OK, I'm done with my cheerleader soapbox, anyone else need it?

We're also going up against a good defense, which is when AR disappears.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're also going up against a good defense, which is when AR disappears.

That's a good point. I'm hoping Lafluer has AR's ear and gets him invested in working a plan, not just looking for chunk plays down the field. (I can hope, right?). Moving the sticks would be one of the most welcome things I can imagine.

1 minute ago, GalenaPackFan said:

That's a good point. I'm hoping Lafluer has AR's ear and gets him invested in working a plan, not just looking for chunk plays down the field. (I can hope, right?). Moving the sticks would be one of the most welcome things I can imagine.

He has to know he’s not going to have time to hit those chunk plays. Move the chains and go from there one 1st down at a time.