GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

45 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Definitely agree it could happen.

Dream scenario is Garrapalo going dumb early. If the Packers could grab an early lead, the Smiths + Clark are capable of generating enough pass rush to make QBs panic. Hopefully that leaves a couple more balls in the air the Packers DB could take advantage of.

The Packers have to play their best football for this to happen though.

Would love to jump out on them like we did Dallas in 2016 on the road. Say what you want about McCarthy but he was pretty great at making gameplans when he had the less talented team. Hoping Lafleur has his best week yet because we very likely are going to need it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

First drive I believe. Which in a large way contributed to Bosa wrecking the game

You interior OL was a bigger problem to be honest. Buckner/Armstead/Jones wrecked the inside. Light was bad of course, but interior OL was even worse.

Bulaga will play this time around but luckily for SF, so will Ford who missed the last meeting. Will be interesting to see how the Packers pick up on the stunts as that was a huge problem in the last meeting. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

First drive I believe. Which in a large way contributed to Bosa wrecking the game

DA also had that personal foul to start the game after a 1st down. After that Bulaga went down and it was over from there. That was a weird game and I think it’s MUCH closer this time and the Packers WILL have a chance to win this one. That’s all we can ask for at this point.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

how to block a Bosa

man that was a tough watch and rewatch.

GB needs to be the one running at Jimmy from all angles and wrecking their OL.  SF is much more willing to run the ball extensively, and they have better heavy packages with Juscyzyk and Kittle both being viable 3 way threats.

Pettine needs to go heavy with some sort of twist.  Put Amos in the box at LB and play a 3rd safety instead of tramon comes to mind.

I actually kinda love being the underdogs in this game. San Francisco will be confident and rightfully so, but we have a bunch of guys with massive chips on the shoulders, starting with LaFleur and all the way down. This whole season for these guys has been about defying expectations and being told that they're not worthy of their record. What better way to cap off a run to the Super Bowl than by going back to the site of their worst loss and shocking the world one more time?

4 hours ago, Green19 said:

If you are a sucker for a story line... Rodgers being questioned as he gets older, playing in SF for a chance to go to the super bowl, everyone thinking they can’t do it.

It would be magical if Rodgers had a vintage moment in him.

Rodgers played one of his best games this past Sunday . Not been a good year for west coast trips 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You interior OL was a bigger problem to be honest. Buckner/Armstead/Jones wrecked the inside. Light was bad of course, but interior OL was even worse.

Bulaga will play this time around but luckily for SF, so will Ford who missed the last meeting. Will be interesting to see how the Packers pick up on the stunts as that was a huge problem in the last meeting. 

Linsley had a horrible game and Billy Turner really showed that it was a mistake signing him in the offseason. Turner's been the weak spot for our OL and I suspect we see Lucas Patrick replace Linsley when his back flares up again.

13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think 49ers are def the fav, but their last 2 regular season games they lost to Atlanta and beat the Rams by 3.

All our games to end the regular season came down to the wire. I will say though, we are MUCH healthier now than compared to then. And stats back it up, when Ford plays, the pass rush is super elite and without him it is just pretty average. No team needed the bye week more than the Niners as they had played 13 consecutive weeks and were badly beat up.

But yes, there are pathways for GB to win this game. 

I think Gb needs to invite the SF dline in more. The best way to hurt them is to use their aggressive nature against them.

Gb honest did it a handful of times in the first matchup. Invite bosa and that dline up the field fast and hit quick stuff behind them. Get them thinking so then they won’t be as aggressive which will help the line for Rodgers to wait for a good double move.

Take a strength and use it against them. Become Brees and Brady... 1...2.. ball is out.