GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All our games to end the regular season came down to the wire. I will say though, we are MUCH healthier now than compared to then. And stats back it up, when Ford plays, the pass rush is super elite and without him it is just pretty average. No team needed the bye week more than the Niners as they had played 13 consecutive weeks and were badly beat up.

But yes, there are pathways for GB to win this game. 

Yep. And Green bay Should have Bulaga back. When he got hurt the first times GB-SF played it, RT was definitely exploited by SF.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yep. And Green bay Should have Bulaga back. When he got hurt the first times GB-SF played it, RT was definitely exploited by SF.

Definitely, and Saleh moved Bosa to the other side right when he went out. But again, the interior OL was even a bigger problem. Couldn't defend a stunt to save their lives and did not pick up the blitzes well at all. Though, some of it is on Rodgers. He holds the ball way too long at times. This is why I send in the other thread that he needs to play disciplined and just take the underneath stuff over and over. 

21 minutes ago, Joe said:

Linsley had a horrible game and Billy Turner really showed that it was a mistake signing him in the offseason. Turner's been the weak spot for our OL and I suspect we see Lucas Patrick replace Linsley when his back flares up again.

Linsley had a horrible game against Chargers too.

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely, and Saleh moved Bosa to the other side right when he went out. But again, the interior OL was even a bigger problem. Couldn't defend a stunt to save their lives and did not pick up the blitzes well at all. Though, some of it is on Rodgers. He holds the ball way too long at times. This is why I send in the other thread that he needs to play disciplined and just take the underneath stuff over and over. 

Isn’t that what happened last time though? His comp% wasn’t abysmal and he attempted 33 passes. They just all went for like 3 yards. 49ers did the same thing to Cousins. Force him to throw underneath and then rally to prevent yards after the catch. 

2 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

So we use D. Adams as the decoy,  have Rodgers play as if Adams were injured and hope he gets the same timing and production he did for the stretch when Adams was out?

SF might do a  better job at covering Adams than SEA did so Rodgers will have to go elsewhere a lot of the time.

5 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Isn’t that what happened last time though? His comp% wasn’t abysmal and he attempted 33 passes. They just all went for like 3 yards. 49ers did the same thing to Cousins. Force him to throw underneath and then rally to prevent yards after the catch. 

He attempted five passes over 20 yards and three passes in the 10-19 yards and completed a grand total of........zero of them! He will need to take his shots and with the way we play our coverages, our corners are often times on a complete island. But what is there to be had is the comeback route with Rodgers getting to the outside or underneath stuff. Rodgers at times was looking for the big play that wasn't there and held on to the ball too long taking some unnecessary sacks. 

Vikings OL couldn't hold up at all, the Packers OL is better and one of the best pass protecting units in the game. Different ball game. And Cousins didn't take any chances that he had and would just check it down on 2nd or 3rd and long situations. That's not what I'm saying at all. 

• Like 2

Man I was wrong about Veldheer.  I thought he would be a Saturday when he’s more like a Howard.  Sullivan, Ervin and Veldheer have all been excellent.  I don’t remember when we got Sullivan though.  Either way, Sullivan is seriously getting the lowest proportion of value to love.  You almost literally never hear his name, and for what he’s asked to do that is amazing.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Man I was wrong about Veldheer.  I thought he would be a Saturday when he’s more like a Howard.  Sullivan, Ervin and Veldheer have all been excellent.  I don’t remember when we got Sullivan though.  Either way, Sullivan is seriously getting the lowest proportion of value to love.  You almost literally never hear his name, and for what he’s asked to do that is amazing.  

We got him last spring if I remember correctly, right before or right after rookie minicamp. He had some real nice plays last Sunday night. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Your interior may still wreck our interior o-line, but I have to think we'll do better at picking up stunts.  usually they are spot on with that stuff, but for some reason California has turned them into amateurs this year.  Hopefully that doesn't continue, and if your interior just overpowers them so be it.  Really frustrating when a stunt doesn't get blocked when we supposedly have the top pass blocking o-line in the league. 

Turnover battle will be huge.  The Packers had a couple positive plays on their first drive last time, then a penalty and fumble and the Niners never looked back.  Who knows how things play out, though obviously that game was separated by a whole lot more than one drive.  

Sunday can't come quick enough. 

6 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Your interior may still wreck our interior o-line, but I have to think we'll do better at picking up stunts.  usually they are spot on with that stuff, but for some reason California has turned them into amateurs this year.  Hopefully that doesn't continue, and if your interior just overpowers them so be it.  Really frustrating when a stunt doesn't get blocked when we supposedly have the top pass blocking o-line in the league. 

Turnover battle will be huge.  The Packers had a couple positive plays on their first drive last time, then a penalty and fumble and the Niners never looked back.  Who knows how things play out, though obviously that game was separated by a whole lot more than one drive.  

Sunday can't come quick enough. 

Last time D J Jones wrecked our Interior O Line. He is not going to play though.