GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

I think the worst thing Green Bay can do in this game is be obvious and attempt to establish the run on early downs. Expect a lot of 2nd and 8s and 3rd and 7s if we do. 

Instead use the quick passing game. If you want Jones to get some yards, dump the ball off to him. I'm going with a McVay approach to this game. Goff threw the ball 46 times against SF and they put up 31 pts in the 2nd contest. 

• Like 2

Can't help but keep thinking about Emmanuel Sanders and his impact on this game. No one will ever convince me that if he was on our team and therefore not with SF, that would not impact this game, whether slightly or profoundly. I mean we just came off a game where our No. 2 WR stat wise caught 1 pass for 11 yards. That's pretty freaking unreal when you think about it.

Yea, SF probably paid too much for a 32 year old rental...but what price is too costly when you're talking about going to the Super Bowl? If you could have guaranteed Packers fans we'd be in this exact spot right now back at the deadline, would you do the deal to not only strengthen our team but weaken our opponent with everything on the line? If we lose a close game, the Sanders trade will be one we revisit and question for years and meanwhile, Lynch will look like a genius for going all-in and getting that final piece, no matter the cost.  

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I think the worst thing Green Bay can do in this game is be obvious and attempt to establish the run on early downs. Expect a lot of 2nd and 8s and 3rd and 7s if we do. 

Instead use the quick passing game. If you want Jones to get some yards, dump the ball off to him. I'm going with a McVay approach to this game. Goff threw the ball 46 times against SF and they put up 31 pts in the 2nd contest. 

Gotta break tenancies.  Chess match.  

IMO the blue print for this game is the approach the falcons took I rewatched that game last night and besides execution they played with a will to want to win and no game than being 1 win from the SB is the best game to have the will/fire to want to win (The D had it the first 2 quarters last week) . But X-O’s like atl getting the ball out quick will be the key take what’s underneath to Jones and company , iso davante from Sherman (i.e. Julio had 13/134yrd). Graham has to make 2/3 plays and don’t abandon the running game, need the oline to give Rodgers and opportunity to let a play develop  & Defense wise Jimmy G will give you 3/4 times to make a play on the ball a game TAKE ADVANTAGE of these opportunities !!!