GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

5 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

I am no expert. Experts please enlighten me how to beat the stacked 49ers and hold off their Pass rush. I am not able to sleep thinking of this. :)

So a lot of why the Packers two worst games of the year were west coast road trips comes down to travel logistics- this is a rookie coaching staff and these things are correctable.  The other thing that should inspire hope is "consider how much the 49ers can learn from watching tape of the week 12 game", then consider how much the Packers can learn from watching it.

9 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Not sure how to win this game.

49ers looked stacked in all departments than  Packers..

Their DL >>> Packers DL

Their ILB's > Packers ILB's

Their TE > Packers TE

Their Receivers >>> Packers Receivers.

Their ST's > Packers ST's

OL, RB's, Secondary we even out.

Only Our QB is having a bit of advantage over their QB.

Last time Matt came out like a Punk out of Bye playing against his old boss. His body language was atrocious. 

If you're separating Kittle from the receivers, their unit isn't that much better than ours, if at all. Davante/Lazard > Sanders/Deebo, IMO.

Also, are you counting the Smiths with DL or what? Cause again, Bosa/Ford/Buckner/Armstead ain't that much better than Smith/Smith/Clark/whoever.

They're a good team and are favoured for good reason. We can beat them by playing our best game and playing opportunistic against an error-prone QB.

6 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

If you're separating Kittle from the receivers, their unit isn't that much better than ours, if at all. Davante/Lazard > Sanders/Deebo, IMO.

Also, are you counting the Smiths with DL or what? Cause again, Bosa/Ford/Buckner/Armstead ain't that much better than Smith/Smith/Clark/whoever.

They're a good team and are favoured for good reason. We can beat them by playing our best game and playing opportunistic against an error-prone QB.

That Bourne Guy is making some nice plays too and Lazzard was Injured Yesterday, so not sure about his health going into the game. 

Hopefully our QB gets the A game out of him and Jimmy G will definitely throw 3-4 passes into our hands. Hopefully our Secondary catches them...

34 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Not sure how to win this game.

49ers looked stacked in all departments than  Packers..

Their DL >>> Packers DL

Their ILB's > Packers ILB's

Their TE > Packers TE

Their Receivers >>> Packers Receivers.

Their ST's > Packers ST's

OL, RB's, Secondary we even out.

Only Our QB is having a bit of advantage over their QB.

Last time Matt came out like a Punk out of Bye playing against his old boss. His body language was atrocious. 

Danny DeVito>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????

(only doing this bc you're mad we aren't talking football lol)

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

I wouldn't describe Jimmy as error-prone. The way we beat them is quick tempo, dink-n-dunk down the field to Graham. Make SF constantly shift and load up the box. Kittle really doesn't go over the middle so as long as we shut down their WR's and bracket Kittle, we should be able to hopefully slow down that running game. I'm more concerned about their DL. Sure, the Smith's get us within the timezone of their DL, but it's the middle of that DL, rather than the DE's that make that DL pop. I worry Billy Turner is going to prove that signing him this past offseason was a big mistake.

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

Problem is Rodgers appears to go blind for like 8-9 plays per game, in terms of ignoring obvious open receivers.  If he plays a decent enough game like he did yesterday against the 49'ers we lose.  We need a great game from him.  We need him to progressively and consistently move the chains.  I fear that defense will take Jones and the ground game away, it's on him.

If they stop our running game we have no chance. Rodgers won’t be able to do anything in the passing game without the run to set it up. Maybe if we had more than Adams that could get open we would have more of a chance but we just don’t have the horses on offense for this game to turn into a “Rodgers save us” type of game.

I'm not gonna run down the GB players....but I think Deebo's shown himself to be quicker and more versatile than Lazard at this stage. Be it "within the scope of the offense" or whatever. He does it on the field and it counts.

Bosa/Ford/Buckner/Armstead ain't that much better than Smith/Smith/Clark/whoever.

Whether they are or not doesnt really matter to me. Our OL is gonna have to play a whole lot better in this game than the last - cause they got it handed to them by the SF DL. I mean, they got out quicked and over powered. For whatever reason - it happened. Hopefully its not straight up talent versus talent and we can scheme things differently. 

I think we'll see more 3 TE formations and fewer reach blocks (cause they're pretty quick). We've just go plow thru them. Straight up mano y mano. Hopefully we can. 

5 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

When they stop our running game we will have no chance. Rodgers won’t be able to do anything in the passing game without the run to set it up. Maybe if we had more plays than just throwing to Adams until we get desperate we would have more of a chance but we just don’t have the horses on offense for this game to turn into a “Rodgers save us” type of game.

Fixed...

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not gonna run down the GB players....but I think Deebo's shown himself to be quicker and more versatile than Lazard at this stage. Be it "within the scope of the offense" or whatever. He does it on the field and it counts.

Whether they are or not doesnt really matter to me. Our OL is gonna have to play a whole lot better in this game than the last - cause they got it handed to them by the SF DL. I mean, they got out quicked and over powered. For whatever reason - it happened. Hopefully its not straight up talent versus talent and we can scheme things differently. 

I think we'll see more 3 TE formations and fewer reach blocks (cause they're pretty quick). We've just go plow thru them. Straight up mano y mano. Hopefully we can. 

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here. Deebo's game is based on speed and always has been; Lazard's game is finding ways to get open and being a physical receiver. Agree with the rest posted here.

We have to play our best game, almost perfect and we have to be at least +2 in the turnover department. The turnover thing is doable because of Jimmy Gaff! 

We now know what we are getting into with this team. They have to be a bit overconfident too. We have Bulaga back as well this game, he missed the majority or the last game and we had to put in Light. 

Gonna need two of our WR's NOT named Davante Adams to have at least 2 catches. Three or more would be ideal. Jimmy Graham needs to show up again or Sternberger or Tonyan have to have some production in the passing game. 

We must get them in 3rd and long frequently and win on third down. Cover Kittle and make a play when Jimmy Gaff throws a couple our way. 

The Smith's must be THE SMITH'S! 

Defensive line has to control the line of scrimmage. 

TALL TASK! Are we up to it? 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here. Deebo's game is based on speed and always has been; Lazard's game is finding ways to get open and being a physical receiver. Agree with the rest posted here.

I was commenting on anothers comparison of the #2 WRs ::  "Davante/Lazard > Sanders/Deebo, IMO"

It's every WRs responsibility "to find a way to get open" and generally speaking "speed kills"
True - Lazard's a bigger target - but Deebo's showed himself to be more versatile (and the greater weapon) so far.

I didnt comment on the Davante/Sanders pairing cause they're at different stages of their careers and Adams is better.