GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

This is going to be a tough game. I’m not to worried about the SF offense doing too much, packers defense has been playing well. I think if the packers defense can hold them to around 23, we’ll have a shot. What worries me is their defense against our offense. They are going to be focus on Davante and AJ, someone else needs to step up if the packers want to win. Honestly I’d like to see Tyler Ervin in the game plan more, they won’t be expecting it. He seems like he can be dangerous in space. 

11 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Jimmy Garoppolo appears to go blind for like 4-5 plays per game.  Gotta make those ones count.

He really does. It's just a couple of plays to be sure, but it always happens. Those being picks or balls batted down is huge

8 hours ago, Joe said:

Sure, the Smith's get us within the timezone of their DL, but it's the middle of that DL, rather than the DE's that make that DL pop. I worry Billy Turner is going to prove that signing him this past offseason was a big mistake.

I'm going to be really curious how the middle holds up as well. Dj Jones had a monster game against you guys that first time on the interior. With ford back in the fold, I expect heavy doses of Buckner and armstead on the interior, and it's going to be vital that the interior hold them off for you guys

• Like 1

Looking at the first game, the 2 most troubling stats were

-Offense third down offense we were 1-15,

-Defense, Jimmy  G on 20 passes had 250 yards (12.6 ypa). 

There are actually some positive take aways  from the earlier game. The run D actually played okay.  5.1 is a little high, but take out 1 25 yard run and we are in line (Coleman was 3ypc). We also gave up only 15 first downs. It was mostly out of position shot play action that killed us (Deebo 61, Kittle 41) which is correctable with film. 

I don’t think we win, but I do expect a lot closer game. I’m definitely concerned that our offense doesn’t match up with their front. I do think defensively SF is the type of team that gets easier to play round 2 (didn’t get out personneled, just tricked  bad 4-5 times). If you cut the gashes from 4 to 2, and don’t turn the ball over on the 2, 37 can become  17 quickly.

^^^

Those are the two arguments.

We gave up 21 points on a TD off of a fumble. A blown coverage on Kittle for 61 and Tramon getting killed across the middle for 41. Limit those. Take advantage of Jimmy G's tendancy to give you a couple each game.

Hope the line has figured out how to block a Bosa, pray like hell our interior isn't going to embarass itself in blitz pickup again, hope Davante and LaFleur can scheme up some magic, hope Rodgers is landing his shots, and hope we get lucky and Jones breaks one. 

A lot has to go right for us to win this thing, but it's definitely not impossible. 

• Like 1

SF - Offence
LT - Joe Stately - 72.7pff
LG - Laken Tomilinson – 64.7pff
C - Ben Garland – 59.1pff
RG - Ben Person – 61.8pff
RT -  Mike Mcglinchey – 67.5pff

WR - Deebo Samuel - 74.5pff
WR – Emanuel Sander – 78.4pff
WR – Kendrick Borune – 66.7pff

TE – George Kittle – 95.0pff

FB- Kyle Juszczyk – 73.3pff

QB – Jimmy Garoppolo – 78.2pff

RB - Raheem Mostert – 75.5pff
RB – Telvin Coleman – 69.5pff

Vs. GB Defence

DL – Kenny Clark – 79.9pff
DL – Tyler Lancaster- 64.5pff
DL – Dean Lowry – 63.0pff

OLB – Z Smith – 90.2pff
OLB – P Smith – 66.4pff

ILB- Blake Martinez – 58.4pff

CB – Jaire Alexander – 72.3pff
CB – Kevin King – 62.5pff
CB – Tramon Williams – 75.1pff
CB – Chandon Sullivan – 73.3pff

S – Adrian Amos – 76.4pff
S- Darnell Savage – 68.0pff

Super Studs
SF 1 – GB 1
Studs
SF 0 – GB 1
Good players
SF 7 – GB 4

GB – Offence
LT – David Bakhtiari – 78.6pff
LG – Elgton Jenkins – 69.2pff
C – Corey Lindsley – 69.8pff
RG – Billy Turner – 64.8pff
RT – Bryan Bulaga – 77.9pff

WR – Davante Adams – 83.5pff
WR – Alan Lazard – 72.2pff
WR –Jake Kumerow 63.3pff

TE – Jimmy Graham – 55pff  

FB – Danny Vitale – 49.3pff

QB – Aaron Rodgers - 81.2pff

RB- Aaron Jones – 85.1pff
RB – Jamaal Williams – 76.7pff

Vs. SF Defence

DL – Dee Ford – 84.5pff
DL – Nick Bosa – 86.7pff
DL – Deforest Buckner – 78.8pff
DL – Arik Armstead – 89.8pff

LB- Fred Warner – 66.9pff
LB- Dre Grenlaw – 63.9pff

CB – Richard Sherman – 88.9pff
CB - Emmanuel Moseley – 70.0
CB- K’waun Williams – 77.4pff

S- Jimmie Ward – 84.2pff
S- Jaquiski Tart – 66.4pff

Super Studs
SF 1 – GB 0
Studs
SF 4 – GB 3
Good players
SF 3 – GB 6

Keys to the game.
On defence find a way to stop Kittle and to stop the run and make sure Juszczyk doesn’t become the unaccounted for difference maker.
On offence our ‘Good’ players have to play like studs for the day to win. That is mainly the Oline. Then we can be able to run on them that is the only way to win. Adams and Sherman ends in a stalemate and our other receiving options are not a threat enough for their secondary.

• Like 2

We have to stick with the run IMO, even if it doesn't work early, they have to keep feeding AJ and Williams. If SF is vulnerable, its in the run game in my opinion. They rank 17th, allowing 112 yards per game. If we give up on the run and Aaron has to throw it most of the game and let their guys just tee off, the game is already over.

3 minutes ago, spilltray said:

It all depends on the start of the game. If they get down early because of mistakes/poor play, I don't think the Packers have the weapons to come back from a large deficit.

It seems LaFleur has had some really good scripts this year .. gonna need a great one this week.  If the Packers can jump out to an early lead it could be huge for the confidence of the team .. can't afford a slow start against this team.

Definitely agree it could happen.

Dream scenario is Garrapalo going dumb early. If the Packers could grab an early lead, the Smiths + Clark are capable of generating enough pass rush to make QBs panic. Hopefully that leaves a couple more balls in the air the Packers DB could take advantage of.

The Packers have to play their best football for this to happen though.