Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm shocked that the MLB has a "loophole" that allows for HGH to be used as a treatment for certain thyroid conditions considering the thyroid is crucial to GH regulation and the FDA approves HGH as a treatment for exactly that condition.

"loophole"

Doesn’t matter, it is a performance enhancer regardless. Same reason you aren’t getting TRT approved even if you only have one testi*** and your testosterone is cut in half. You just have to cut your losses and quit sports. HGH is 100% a performance enhancer. 

I wasn’t even making that post a serious one but your defense of it is baffling. Are you an Angel fan?

Edited by BayRaider

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Doesn’t matter, it is a performance enhancer regardless. Same reason you aren’t getting TRT approved even if you only have one testi*** and your testosterone is cut in half. You just have to cut your losses. HGH is 100% a performance enhancer. 

I wasn’t even making that post a serious one your defense of it is baffling. Are you an Angel fan?

No, it does matter. The MLB doesn't stop players from taking things that are medically necessary. A thyroid that doesn't function properly screws up your quality of life, needs to be treated, and HGH is one way to do it. 

I'm assuming, but don't know, that you wouldn't get TRT approved with one ******** because your free testosterone wouldn't change with only one ********. You'd definitely get TRT if you have a real medical need for it.

And no, I'm not an Angels fan. I just don't like nonsense, and some coaches son posting about a "thyroid HGH loophole" is somewhere between completely devoid of background and just straight up stupidity. 

EDIT: Apparently I can say every slang term for nut/ball under the son but the actual medical term is banned. Love it. Let's try "male gonad".

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, it does matter. The MLB doesn't stop players from taking things that are medically necessary. A thyroid that doesn't function properly screws up your quality of life, needs to be treated, and HGH is one way to do it. 

I'm assuming, but don't know, that you wouldn't get TRT approved with one ******** because your free testosterone wouldn't change with only one ********. You'd definitely get TRT if you have a real medical need for it.

And no, I'm not an Angels fan. I just don't like nonsense, and some coaches son posting about a "thyroid HGH loophole" is somewhere between completely devoid of background and just straight up stupidity. 

I’m all for someone taking HGH for a Medical Condition, but not in sports. It is a performance enhancer. PEDs zero place in sports with absolute no exceptions. I sympathize with Mike Trout, and if he wants to continue thyroid treatment, he can retire. 

I can guarantee the public won’t be on your side on this one. Not even close. 85/15 not including Angel fans. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m all for someone taking HGH for a Medical Condition, but not in sports. It is a performance enhancer. PEDs zero place in sports with absolute no exceptions. I sympathize with Mike Trout, and if he wants to continue thyroid treatment, he can retire. 

We agree on a lot. We do not come close to agreeing on this.

Just now, BayRaider said:

I can guarantee the public won’t be on your side on this one. Not even close. 85/15 not including Angel fans. 

Thankfully, it's not up to you or the public. HGH is medicine first and foremost. So is testosterone. They can enhance sporting performance, but they're also really important medications that help tons of people who really need them.

Sporting bodies aren't going to stop giving people medicine they need because it may impact performance. They're going to make sure the dose levels prescribed are appropriate to treat the condition, and keep records of the drug/relevant biomarkers to make sure that the player doesn't abuse the prescription. 

None of this is my opinion, it's just the reality of the current sporting governance. Messi has been on HGH since he was a teenager. He ever been banned? How about the Seahawks players who were diagnosed with ADHD and treated it with Adderall?

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It will increase his performance, even with the medical condition. That’s ok to you?

Yeah, we wouldn’t come close. 

If he's got a legitimate medical reason, it would absolutely be great with me. Where's the line? Prescription medication to help recover quicker from an injury? Lasik Eye Surgery that enhances vision? Pre/Post workout supplements approved by Big Pharma arbitrarily? 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If he's got a legitimate medical reason, it would absolutely be great with me. Where's the line? Prescription medication to help recover quicker from an injury? Lasik Eye Surgery that enhances vision? Pre/Post workout supplements approved by Big Pharma arbitrarily?

We also have no idea whether or not HGH would "increase his performance" (I say this in quotes because no baseline was specified).

I guess we could be pretty safe in saying someone with an untreated, serious thyroid condition would play baseball better following HGH treatment compared to nothing, because I'm assuming it's probably pretty hard to play baseball when you can't regulate your body temperature and don't have enough energy to stay awake, much less work out.

But would Trout be better at baseball with a well treated thyroid with HGH compared to a perfectly functioning thyroid and no HGH? Good luck proving that.

None of us have enough information to paint this picture so I’ll leave it alone. Don’t assume Mike Trouts innocence and I will not assume his guilt. We would have to know when he was diagnosed with his Thyroid Condition and how rigorous the testing was, and how many opinions he had. 

You can tank your TSH and T3 and T4 on purpose just like you can tank your Total Testosterone and Free T. Obviously tanking TSH would be a little harder but people tank Testosterone all the time to get TRT. I’ve tanked my T before to sub 100 by not sleeping for a few days. (not on purpose)

We have no clue about Trouts personal life, if the condition is indeed real, or he is taking advantage of a loophole. It would not be fair to assume to either way. If he does have a real Thyroid condition he has my sympathy and I give him my condolences. 

(And to make note, I have never taken TRT, certainly would be open to it in my 40’s though. As long as you aren’t competing in sports it’s fine. 80% of celebrities take TRT, at least 35+ age range)

Edited by BayRaider