Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

12 hours ago, N4L said:

I hate this kind of talk. Just say the team or don't say anything

Shhh we're wildly speculating. Here are some facts:

In 2010, the best home records were Atlanta (56-25), Philly (54-30), and St. Louis (52-49). Philly was 8 games over .500 on the road, while Atlanta and St. Louis were 35-46 and 34-47, respectively.

Now, who, you ask, might have been involved in the scheme? Well the Cardinals vice president in 2010 was none other than - drumroll please - Jeff Luhnow.

And why might have the offending team stopped? Jeff Luhnow left St. Louis in 2011 to join the Astros.

The Cardinals are confirmed cheaters and I will hear nothing to the contrary.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Shhh we're wildly speculating. Here are some facts: In 2010, the best home records were Atlanta (56-25), Philly (54-30), and St. Louis (52-49). Philly was 8 games over .500 on the road, while Atlanta and St. Louis were 35-46 and 34-47, respectively. Now, who, you ask, might have been involved in the scheme? Well the Cardinals vice president in 2010 was none other than - drumroll please - Jeff Luhnow. And why might have the offending team stopped? Jeff Luhnow left St. Louis in 2011 to join the Astros. The Cardinals are confirmed cheaters and I will hear nothing to the contrary.

Interesting when you consider the "Can you keep a secret" angle.

This (or some variant) of this was going on back in 2010 and its just coming to light (or getting greater/wider coverage) some 9-10 years later? Given the number of players were involved.....thats fairly amazing.

No wonder some are calling Friers a rat. The very last thing the players want is for some of the (apparent) truth Friers was slinging from getting on them.

If MLB wants to get rid of this problem - turn the dugouts dark during games.

Cancer lives, survives and can thrive via the blood. You want to kill this cancer? Cut the cord. Easy as that.

Its not like baseball has to be played with wired up dugouts.

And as the (apparent) number of teams and players that have indulged in these practices grows, its apparent the honor system has failed.

Edited by Leader

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In 2010, the best home records were Atlanta (56-25), Philly (54-30), and St. Louis (52-49). Philly was 8 games over .500 on the road, while Atlanta and St. Louis were 35-46 and 34-47, respectively.

Now, who, you ask, might have been involved in the scheme? Well the Cardinals vice president in 2010 was none other than - drumroll please - Jeff Luhnow.

And why might have the offending team stopped? Jeff Luhnow left St. Louis in 2011 to join the Astros.

My money is on the Giants. They implemented it in the playoffs

On 1/25/2020 at 2:29 PM, Slateman said:

My money is on the Giants. They implemented it in the playoffs

As a giants fan, that was my first thought, but we won those games with pitching and defense mostly. I mean, we won a bunch of 1 run games, basically every single game went down to the wire. Even games we lost were super close. We even had a name for it: TORTURE.

Were there clutch hits? Yeah, but same goes for every single world series winning team in the 140 years of professional baseball. 

I also would think we would have done it the following year. we missed the playoffs by like 8-10 games or something in 2011 

I don't think this is Bruce bocheys M.O. either. The guy was super old school and I have a hard time believing that he would have consented to this type of elaborate rule breaking. 

Is it possible? Sure. Doesn't mean we are the team referenced or that this sort of sign stealing ring has ever existed in San Francisco. 

It's why I hate this **mystery team in 2010** vague bull**** reporting. Either say the teams name or stfu 

On 1/25/2020 at 10:02 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean it's possible. But whatever the Cardinals did in 2010 the Brewers definitely implemented in 2011. 

57-24 home record, 39-42 on the road. 

CHEATERS. 

3 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I mean it's possible. But whatever the Cardinals did in 2010 the Brewers definitely implemented in 2011. 

57-24 home record, 39-42 on the road. 

CHEATERS. 

Wasn't 2011 when TLR went on that whole bender about the Brewers using a camera to steal signs?

My chief defense here is Doug Melvin's big dumb face, since he was voted MLB's all time most likely executive to send cash considerations to a Nigerian prince.

• Like 1

IMO the best part of that is that it basically shows that Altuve and Reddick were the only two guys that didn't cheat. The two guys that caught the most heat for cheating with wires and bits of confetti taped to their chests are literally the only two guys "innocent" in this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

IMO the best part of that is that it basically shows that Altuve and Reddick were the only two guys that didn't cheat.

Well, no. It shows Altuve/Reddick didn't use the trash can method to cheat as frequently as other Astros. It does not absolve them of cheating from other methods.

16 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

The two guys that caught the most heat for cheating with wires and bits of confetti taped to their chests are literally the only two guys "innocent" in this

I think this indirectly bolsters the wire allegation. No need to bang a trash can if you are getting the info from a vibrating wire.

• Like 2

The wire allegations have always felt like a stretch. Why would it be on the chest, why would the buzzer be a wire, why would only 2 guys be using them, why would the buzzer be something that could be noticeable. If there's a buzzer, put it in your shoe. Put it on your wrist under your sweatband.

Though it's entirely possible, i've never bought into it. The trash can is undeniable.

*Altuve has also not denied cheating but has vehemently denied using a device. I believe it for some reason.

Edited by nagahide13

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

IMO the best part of that is that it basically shows that Altuve and Reddick were the only two guys that didn't cheat. The two guys that caught the most heat for cheating with wires and bits of confetti taped to their chests are literally the only two guys "innocent" in this.

Or it meant they faced mostly pitches that didn’t get the trash can banging. The data from what I’ve seen is flawed.