Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

The wire allegations have always felt like a stretch. Why would it be on the chest, why would the buzzer be a wire, why would only 2 guys be using them, why would the buzzer be something that could be noticeable. If there's a buzzer, put it in your shoe. Put it on your wrist under your sweatband.

Though it's entirely possible, i've never bought into it. The trash can is undeniable.

*Altuve has also not denied cheating but has vehemently denied using a device. I believe it for some reason.

I don't think they wore wires or anything. It's baseball, not a mafia movie.

But I was just saying how your conclusions weren't in line with the data. We don't know how much or how little Altuve/Reddick cheated, because the guy who categorized all this data only focused on one method.

36 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't think they wore wires or anything. It's baseball, not a mafia movie.

But I was just saying how your conclusions weren't in line with the data. We don't know how much or how little Altuve/Reddick cheated, because the guy who categorized all this data only focused on one method.

What other methods were thought to have been used? I was under the impression it was just the trash can and some supposed electronic buzzers. The evidence for these players having used electronic devices is pretty poor, so I'm assuming the trash can is all we really have.

It's certainly not absolute or definite, but this is evidence that points directly to which players cheated the most. I don't think it exonerates the Astros if 2 guys didn't cheat but the rest of the team did... It just makes me able to like those two guys more. Altuve and Reddick both seem like good dudes, and they've both denied specific accusations. I'm inclined to believe those two guys about those specific denials, especially after seeing this evidence. For now.

Edited by nagahide13

25 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

What other methods were thought to have been used? I was under the impression it was just the trash can and some supposed electronic buzzers. The evidence for these players having used electronic devices is pretty poor, so I'm assuming the trash can is all we really have.

It's certainly not absolute or definite, but this is evidence that points directly to which players cheated the most. I don't think it exonerates the Astros if 2 guys didn't cheat but the rest of the team did... It just makes me able to like those two guys more. Altuve and Reddick both seem like good dudes, and they've both denied specific accusations. I'm inclined to believe those two guys about those specific denials, especially after seeing this evidence. For now.

You want to single out individual players.....fine.....but to me, anybody who sat in that dugout, knew what that trash can signal represented and watched the next pitch fly over the wall - cheated.

They benefited. They stayed quiet. They reaped the glory. They cheated.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

You want to single out individual players.....fine.....but to me, anybody who sat in that dugout, knew what that trash can signal represented and watched the next pitch fly over the wall - cheated.

They benefited. They stayed quiet. They reaped the glory. They cheated.

Yeah, that's completely fair. I'm giving them credit for not having personally used the system, but they certainly benefit from it. There is no denying that. I shouldn't be saying or even insinuating that they're clean or absolved of guilt.

Nobody has ever blown the whistle on their current team. That's worth saying, but still. You're totally correct.

I'm just kind of relieved that two guys I really like aren't quite as dirty as they could have been.

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Nobody has ever blown the whistle on their current team.

This is true....but this is different from PEDs where players were injecting themselves or rubbing creams over themselves in private.

Players sat in that dugout while trash cans were getting beaten on and on and on and on and on and on..........

They all became hero's. Not just the guy that put the ball over the wall.

They all basked in the glory...and they all knew. How else did they explain the banging? They knew = they cheated.

14 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Electronic buzzers and hand signals from the bullpen.

And yeah I don't disagree that this helps tell us which players cheated most by the trash can method, the entire point of my post was to add that in as a footnote. Assuming the primary/only method was the trashcan, what you said is right on. If not, it's less so.

I thing that strikes me about this entire trash can thing is.....how in the hell did the umpires NOT question what that incessant and continual noise was?

I mean - it needed to carry all the way to home plate so the hitter would be tipped off. So you cant tell me both the home and 3rd base Umps didnt hear it routinely. They had to.

What could they possibly have thought? The Astros were building a plane in the hallway leading from the dugout (?) game after game after game after game after game??????????????????????????????

Very, very odd.

5 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

It definitely makes me feel better that Altuve used the trash can the least. The fact that Reddick didn't use it much either is surprising since he had a career year. 

That little chart shows nothing of the sort. Fastball was no banging on the trash can? Just means they saw more fastballs but it was still used. Just look at Altuve's  splits in the 2017 post season. 

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

mister 'bunting-to-break-up-a-no-no-is-bush-league" being quiet about this sure is...something. 

Did you see him say the Astros were technologically advanced? Some people think if was a deliberate joke but I think he didn't know what he was insinuating and only realized it once people started laughing at him. 

I've always hated that pompous sleezeball 

7 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

That little chart shows nothing of the sort. Fastball was no banging on the trash can? Just means they saw more fastballs but it was still used. Just look at Altuve's  splits in the 2017 post season. 

Uh... are we talking about the same chart? The one of the guy who logged every single pitch and use of the trash can. You're telling me that Altuve only got 2.7% offspeed pitches throughout the entire season? Other guys were close to 40%. Altuve and Reddick were both in the 2's. 

Postseason argument doesn't hold either since there was no trash can banging in the playoffs. The splits would only matter if it's found there was another way they were cheating in the playoffs. Which there has still been no solid evidence of.