Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

FOX Sports Radio -  It took A.J. Hinch 5 years to get another gig after he was fired the first time...it was wrong, but I believe he didn't do more to stop the cheating because it came from upstairs and he was terrified of losing his job.

///////////////

I know nothing of AJ Hinch's career and could care less, but I find his current circumstance (as voiced in the MLBN interview) interesting.

I think the above comment may have some credence - cause (IMO) he certainly had the position to put a stop to things if he truly wanted to.

Instead - he's now caught in this limbo of (clearly) knowing what was going on - supposedly indicating his opposition (by disconnecting or destroying the video monitors) but ultimately showing gutless leadership and weakness by letting it continue and (in theory at least if you believe he was less than pleased it was going on....) allowing his underlings (coaches/players) bypass his "opposition" and continue the practice right under his nose.

Which leads me to believe that either - he's a smart baseball guy but weak leader - or he was okay reaping the rewards that winning this way brought and wasnt as opposed as he's trying to let on now.

"Alex Cora, the Astros bench coach in 2017 and Red Sox manager for the 2018 and 2019 seasons, also played a role. Nationals manager Dave Martinez reached out to Cora ahead of the World Series, and the two spoke about what to expect, according to the Post report. Cora was subsequently fired by the Red Sox this offseason due to the role he played during his time in Houston in 2017"

////////////

That must've been an interesting conversation:

DM: "What can you tell me about these guys and their cheating ways?"
AC: "Oh I dont know Davey. I think the whole thing's blown out of proportion"
DM: "Oh. So no concerns then?"
AC: "Wish I could help ya....but just cant think of anything and gotta run....good luck!"

2 hours ago, Leader said:

"Alex Cora, the Astros bench coach in 2017 and Red Sox manager for the 2018 and 2019 seasons, also played a role. Nationals manager Dave Martinez reached out to Cora ahead of the World Series, and the two spoke about what to expect, according to the Post report. Cora was subsequently fired by the Red Sox this offseason due to the role he played during his time in Houston in 2017"

////////////

That must've been an interesting conversation:

DM: "What can you tell me about these guys and their cheating ways?"
AC: "Oh I dont know Davey. I think the whole thing's blown out of proportion"
DM: "Oh. So no concerns then?"
AC: "Wish I could help ya....but just cant think of anything and gotta run....good luck!"

Cora was fired so the Red Sox didn't have to deal with all this backlash. He'll be back next year.

3 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I’m not sure what more Manfred could’ve done.  You can’t suspend the entire franchise for a year.  

True enough but even with that the thread title should be changed to "Were let off easy". Manfred is a joke and if Cora and Hinch are indeed back after a year off it makes this even more of a farce. 

17 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

I’m not sure what more Manfred could’ve done.  You can’t suspend the entire franchise for a year.  

The 1 year suspension instead of a lifetime bans are the only area I think he fell short.

I agree he's in a tough place with the players given the climate, but if you decide to not suspend them now you need to add language detailing how to handle player suspensions for this stuff in the next CBA.

18 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

True enough but even with that the thread title should be changed to "Were let off easy". Manfred is a joke and if Cora and Hinch are indeed back after a year off it makes this even more of a farce. 

Cora getting a year seems more than fair. Especially if the MLB determines the Red Sox didn't do anything of this nature, which is what all current rumors are pointing too.