Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Crane and the players won’t say they’re sorry but they’re sorry. It did and didn’t affect games. They didn’t do it but they did. They’re just making it all worse for themselves.

It's how people handle the media today. If you spew out enough garbage, no one can keep up.

The only good thing that has come out of this is that it's shut Brian McCann up. 

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Last rumor was they won’t wrap up their investigation anytime soon. I know you’re closer to the Boston media but I’ve yet to see anybody nationally say that, though yes I could have missed it. I know you’ve said Cora will be back next year which just messes this up even more for other teams fans.

Yes, but the reports are that the MLB has found essentially nothing. Only reason it's on going is because they haven't found anything. Cora will be back because the MLB will find nothing, which proves two things. He didn't carry anything over to the Red Sox AND that Hinch is full of crap and just tossed his former bench manager under the bus.

7 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yes, but the reports are that the MLB has found essentially nothing. Only reason it's on going is because they haven't found anything. Cora will be back because the MLB will find nothing, which proves two things. He didn't carry anything over to the Red Sox AND that Hinch is full of crap and just tossed his former bench manager under the bus.

Reports by whom is my question. I’ve seen nothing from national media. Then again the way Manfred is handling this and everything else you’re not likely to get anybody not a Sox fan but it. Then again if he’s hammered Sox fans won’t buy it so I guess it really doesn’t matter.

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's how people handle the media today. If you spew out enough garbage, no one can sue you.

The only good thing that has come out of this is that it's shut Brian McCann up. 

Fify 

McCann had shut up but Reddick won’t and Verlander is still a hypocrite.

Edited by NVRamsFan

I don't follow baseball and I'm not a fan at all, but I've read up on and kept up with this story for a few weeks now, and it's disgusting that Houston is able to call themselves champions. The "apologies" and performances today were hilariously awful.

Everyone involved should be banned for years.

• Like 4

Joel Sherman -   To a man, all the Astros insisted they would respect any outside judgment on whether the 2017 team would have won without cheating, but internally they believe absolutely they would have come out as champions due to their talent.

So this might be a good time to remind you why we are here. Hundreds and hundreds of times over months and months and games and games, at least in 2017, the Astros signaled to hitters when off-speed pitches were coming. That also means that when there were no garbage can bangs, a hitter in on the scheme could be pretty certain a fastball was coming.

The idea that this didn’t help the Astros win games (plural) is reminiscent of the steroid users telling me no one could be sure how much they helped. The answer was, “You were sure they helped, or else why risk your health and reputation for years?” The Astros, according to that commissioner’s report that the organization leans on so much for overall cover, tried to continue to cheat into 2018. Why do that unless you KNEW the system was working championship-great in 2017?

We are going to have to be able to keep two thoughts in our head at the same time, like knowing Barry Bonds would have neither the single-season nor all-time homer record if not for cheating. Bonds is not being wiped from the record books. Neither is the Astros’ 2017 championship. But we know both are at minimum suspicious and at worst complete frauds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I honestly think this is far worse than PEDs. I kind of hope Mike Bolsinger's lawsuit succeeds just out of principle.

It 100% is. Knowing what pitch is coming is the name of the game.

Stupid Verlander and his wife were friggin obnoxious for years complaining about crowded plates, umpiring, etc etc. It’s absolute GOLD. I hope Verlander get dogged all year long by the media. He deserves it more than any other player.

Not that i agree with it, but we know pitchers are going to be throwing at these guys numerous times this year. It’s stupid as hell, but it’s going to happen.

O/U 3 brawls for the Stros this year?

1. Jim Crane's an idiot.

2. It really didn't matter what they said cause nobody was going to be okay with it.

3. They deserve the hatred.

4. They took it well past what other teams do to steal signs.

5. Get rid of them all and start fresh including all management.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

It 100% is. Knowing what pitch is coming is the name of the game.

Stupid Verlander and his wife were friggin obnoxious for years complaining about crowded plates, umpiring, etc etc. It’s absolute GOLD. I hope Verlander get dogged all year long by the media. He deserves it more than any other player.

Not that i agree with it, but we know pitchers are going to be throwing at these guys numerous times this year. It’s stupid as hell, but it’s going to happen.

O/U 3 brawls for the Stros this year?

I am not an As fan but it would be hilarious to come to the game with a sign of the picture of a naked verlander showing his *** to the camera that got leaked a few years ago. that would be the pic on one side, naked kate upton on the other side. 

Its Oakland and I probably could get away with it. they don't care about anyone smoking pot in the stands, so boobs should be cool 

3 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

1. Jim Crane's an idiot.

2. It really didn't matter what they said cause nobody was going to be okay with it.

3. They deserve the hatred.

4. They took it well past what other teams do to steal signs.

5. Get rid of them all and start fresh including all management.

have a like because you are an astros fan. 

This is like a patriots fan saying BB should get fired. bravo

• Like 2

Just now, N4L said:

have a like because you are an astros fan. 

This is like a patriots fan saying BB should get fired. bravo

Thanks. And, honestly it really just sucks. I was hoping there was one I could still cheer for and support. We'll just see how things go throughout the year. It will be interesting. I'm tried of some who just want to keep throwing on but I get it. If they weren't so cocky (Bregs mostly), then I don't think people would just love to keep going at them for this. Even if it was stated that Altuve didn't want the signs, that's where the buzzer thing came from then. That one seems far-fetched.

I think it's funny though how cocky all the pitchers are around the league now claiming they only got hit because the Stros knew what pitches were coming. And, then they started jumping on others too. Remember the Yelich, Darvish thing. Haha

I really loved the Stros more when they were young, playing for fun, and losing 100 games.

• Like 1