Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

3 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

It is absolutely not Beltran's niece lol. Jomboy has been talking about the electric buzzing bandages for a while, he's grasping at straws with these tweets to try and make it look more real.

They absolutely could have been using bandages, but this has absolutely no impact on proving or disproving it. 

To be fair, she did break the Beltran hire before anyone and broke Beltran stepping down yesterday. Not saying that proves anything but she was right on both of those calls so maybe in the know a little bit.

Also, pictures and videos are out there. Could be a bandage but after the whole scandal, should we give the benefit of the doubt to the Astros?

Obviously my conspiracy theory here is Beltran made a deal with the league to not be suspended by blowing the whistle on Altuve and Bergman. Sounds like smoke... but where there is smoke there’s fire. It may not be Beltrans niece, but that person certainly knows him and his family somehow. I’m sure Astro fans will laugh at my post... until it becomes true. 

If Altuve and Bregman cheated, then both should also be suspended a year and I doubt Bregman was all that great to begin with. 

My favorite idea I saw on twitter was someone (don't remember who to give them credit) who said let the players play this year. If they can not beat there career averages, they get a lifetime ban. Would make for some primetime baseball viewing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mm6492 said:

My favorite idea I saw on twitter was someone (don't remember who to give them credit) who said let the players play this year. If they can not beat there career averages, they get a lifetime ban. Would make for some primetime baseball viewing. 

That kind of pressure could melt any player though. Sometimes people regress a bit especially if they had insane numbers like Altuve/Bregman have put up. 

but as an A’s fan, I say contract the team. 😉

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Nice find. There is no way they would be that different. You can look at 100+ years of baseball history to easily prove my point. 

Looks like Correa was really really good at this cheating platform and is overrated trash without it. 

Obviously, this is zero basis to convict them of punishment. But it’s proof they massively cheated. 

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nice find. There is no way they would be that different. You can look at 100+ years of baseball history to easily prove my point. 

Looks like Correa was really really good at this cheating platform and is overrated trash without it. 

Obviously, this is zero basis to convict them of punishment. But it’s proof they massively cheated. 

I haven't done the formal stats, but I'd be willing to bet a pretty large sum of money those are not statistically significant differences given that the sample size is so small. Maybe at 90% confidence, but not at 95% or 99%.

Maybe if you combine the entire team's stats together you might start to get somewhere. But since they're picking and choosing, my guess is that starts to look more normal when you add in the remainder.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This wouldn’t shock me one bit. 

I'm shocked that the MLB has a "loophole" that allows for HGH to be used as a treatment for certain thyroid conditions considering the thyroid is crucial to GH regulation and the FDA approves HGH as a treatment for exactly that condition.

"loophole"

• Like 2