Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

2 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

Yeah but if they get caught "guiding things from afar" you have to imagine the consequence would be a lifetime ban.

When Coppy got banned for life because of verbal agreements to LA kids early on, and the AGM who happened to be a very public ****** canoe goes down for life in a scheme that obviously involved his bosses, instead of speculating about their punishments if they happen to violate parole, you should probably ask why Luhnow and Hinch didn't get banned for life already.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

When Coppy got banned for life because of verbal agreements to LA kids early on, and the AGM who happened to be a very public ****** canoe goes down for life in a scheme that obviously involved his bosses, instead of speculating about their punishments if they happen to violate parole, you should probably ask why Luhnow and Hinch didn't get banned for life already.

I would be okay with a lifetime ban and don't know why that wasn't the punishment. If Pete Rose is banned because he harmed the integrity of the game then this is on the same level, if not worse in some respects.

• Like 2

Just now, Typical_Lions said:

I would be okay with a lifetime ban and don't know why that wasn't the punishment. If Pete Rose is banned because he harmed the integrity of the game then this is on the same level, if not worse in some respects.

I'm more annoyed that Luhnow didn't get banned for life. Reportedly Hinch was at least not for the scheme and confessed:

EOLwumrWAAUc93T?format=jpg&name=large

But everyone knows about the scheme across the entire organization, and it's common knowledge that it's wrong. Manfred even drops this beaut:

EOL4-HoXUAATPUO?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Luhnow's baseball operations department"...so they kick the assistant GM? Sure the dude was a dbag, I don't feel bad that he's gone at all, but I don't know how you read this report and come to any conclusion that Luhnow needed the boot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The entire department got called dbags by the commissioner's office, Jim, I think it might have been time for some new blood in charge.

Luhnow was a McKinsey swap creature. Gonna need to take a flamethrower to that entire office to remove the toxicness. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The entire department got called dbags by the commissioner's office, Jim, I think it might have been time for some new blood in charge.

Not a big baseball guy, but does Jim care about any of this? Without much knowledge of the Astros ownership, firing Lunhow and Hinch seems like more of a PR move than anything.  Something that can be pointed to in order to say "Hey we did more than we had to because we care." Then, they can turn around and have Pete keep the status quo and quietly hire Lunhow as a "special advisor" in a year or two once the story dies down.