Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

11 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm semi confused about the wire situation. Why would there be a wire? Even if there was a vibrating device, why would there be a wire? The device is assumedly remote, right? One would think that the device itself would buzz, and there would be no need for a taped wire to be coming out of it. Is it all just speculation off the Altuve shirt and Reddick confetti?

Trash cans + video setup under the dugout were much more damning.

the device needs a battery and it needs to be extremely light weight. buzzing does take up a fair amount of juice

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Did you guys see that the league gave all players blanket immunity from punishment for honest testimony? 

I hope they went to all 30 teams 

That’s BS. Absolute BS. They just want to keep things competitive and also have less negative attention. 

Altuve, Bregman, and Reddick should suffer the year long ban just like Hinch if any evidence pops up. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

That’s BS. Absolute BS. They just want to keep things competitive and also have less negative attention. 

Altuve, Bregman, and Reddick should suffer the year long ban just like Hinch if any evidence pops up. 

Altuve, Bregman and to a lesser degree Reddick might wish they got a year off if they face the fans wrath all year.

These guys became the face of great things....great accomplishments.....a whole lot of glory.

How many of those moments....that glory.....came by way of cheating? Nobody but them can know for sure and they're not talking...yet.

Nobodies owning up to it...yet...and I doubt we'll hear it in detail. Can you imagine the questions if that can of worms gets opened?

"You got such and such a hit in this game..............were you signaled? How? What about this other time? Did they buzz you or was it the trash can? Do you wear your rings with pride? How's it feel to be a cheater?"

The questions can be merciless.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you want baseball, or a strike after this CBA?

Definitely want baseball. I 100% understand why they did it that way, just hadn't seen it posted here

I don't look at it as strike vs no strike, I look at it like the league would not have been able to do a proper investigation without cooperation. Without the carrot of immunity, players wouldn't talk and we would never know the extent of the cheating 

Better to know what's going on to document it so that if it happens again you can sniff if out 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Definitely want baseball. I 100% understand why they did it that way, just hadn't seen it posted here

I don't look at it as strike vs no strike, I look at it like the league would not have been able to do a proper investigation without cooperation. Without the carrot of immunity, players wouldn't talk and we would never know the extent of the cheating 

Better to know what's going on to document it so that if it happens again you can sniff if out 

Totally fair.

I don't think I would argue that anyone should be happy the players aren't disciplined. All things being equal, they executed the scheme and took part in it. But I don't want a strike or lockout as a result, especially because I'm expected the MLB to outline disciplinary measures for this type of cheating in the new CBA. So it's a one time trade and we get punishments if it happens again.

Dallas Keuchel apologizes for Astros sign-stealing scandal. Said it was “not like every game we had it going on.”

//////////////////////

Yeah. Right. It was only in the most important games played at home. Tell us something we dont already know. 

So Dallas....since you seem to have some insight in this area.....tell us which games you did versus those you didnt cheat - and why. Details please.

////////////////////////

Interesting perspective:

Joel Sherman -  Appreciate the apology but if Astros are going to cheat on 9/21/17 - as did vs Farquhar - with a 17 game division lead/AL West clinched, I’ll assume they did it in a lot of games, especially important ones.

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

I hate this kind of talk. Just say the team or don't say anything 

I have a strong belief that the dodgers use technology to steal signs as well. I commented about it last year. They were roughing up bum after that whole thing with muncy happened. Then, a runner gets on second, giants switch up their signs, and bum strikes the next two guys out. Seemed blatantly obvious to me what was going on. 

So it's funny to see everyone ***** and moan about it