2020 Free Agent Thread

gopherwrestler

Who do we keep? What are their expected cost? Who do you let walk? Any free agents you would like from other teams? Are their any links out there that might bring them to Minnesota? Let the offseason talk start.

Total Cap Liabilities: $206,449,240
  • Top 51: $205,690,012
  • Team Cap Space: ($5,443,264)
  • Offense: $102,509,447
  • Defense: $102,576,921
  • Special: $603,644
  • via OverTheCap

Vikings Free Agents

Everson Griffen*** listed as club option/voided contract

Trae Waynes

Anthony Harris

Rashod Hill

Andrew Sendejo

Mackensie Alexander

Dan Bailey

Britton Colquitt

Sean Mannion

Dakota Dozier

Ameer Abdullah

Brett Jones

Laquon Treadwell

C.J. Ham - RFA

Kentrell Brothers

David Morgan

Jayron Kearse

Stephen Weatherly

Eric Wilson - RFA

Marcus Sherels

Everson Griffen

Trae Waynes

Anthony Harris

Rashod Hill

Andrew Sendejo

Mackensie Alexander

Dan Bailey

Britton Colquitt

Sean Mannion

Dakota Dozier

Ameer Abdullah

Brett Jones

Laquon Treadwell

C.J. Ham

Kentrell Brothers

David Morgan

Jayron Kearse

Stephen Weatherly

Eric Wilson

Marcus Sherels

Ham and Wilson are both RFAs, they will be back regardless.  The other bolded, I'd do what I can to bring them back...the rest are expendable.  

Along with the news of Jayron Kearse basically wanting out of Minnesota. The DB room is getting thin. 

Im sure Sendejo will be affordable enough to bring back, everyone basically thinks we should cut Rhodes, Waynes most likely will bring in over $9.5M this year, spottrac estimates Harris to bring in over $13M, it will be an interesting offense for our GM, Coaches, and money guys.

I’d make Alexander, Griffen and Harris my top priorities. I’d pay for them by cutting Rhodes, Joseph and Stephen for starters. 

Also, Bailey and Colquitt need to be brought back. When was the last time we had a good punter and kicker.

One of the backup OL, Hill or Dozier would be nice to have too.

I am hoping for some nice comp picks for Waynes, Kearse and Weatherly.

The Vikes are too broke to sign any free agents unless they want to let all of them go and make a splash elsewhere (Chris Jones).

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

How did we get so buried in the cap?

I thought Brzenzski was a genius?

The core of the team is no longer on rookie contracts as was the case 2-3 years ago.

The Barr and Cousins contracts were particularly difficult to swallow.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I really never got the Barr deal. It's just so much money, and the crunch was coming......

The production never justified the contract. He’s paid to be a difference maker and we still haven’t seen it show up in the form game changing plays. He solid. Solid shouldn’t cost around $15m.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

Let these free agents go. None are great playets we need to pay for. Would like Colquitt and Bailey back but some of these guys are way past their time here. The great teams make the tough decisions. We need money to improve the offense. I trust Zimmer enough to roll out some young players on defense and if we step back a little of defense. That's ok.

• Like 1

Just now, TENINCH said:

Let these free agents go. None are great playets we need to pay for. Would like Colquitt and Bailey back but some of these guys are way past their time here. The great teams make the tough decisions. We need money to improve the offense. I trust Zimmer enough to roll out some young players on defense and if we step back a little of defense. That's ok.

I don’t know what else you can do to improve the offense via free agency. Top OL rarely hit the market and we’re pretty much locked in at the skill positions and QB. Might be able to sign a Billy Turner for $8m, but I guess I’d rather put that towards a CB or Harris.