2020 Free Agent Thread

gopherwrestler

I will say outside of Colquitt & Bailey... I can pretty much be fine with letting them all walk. 

Harris is going to be getting so much dang money. Do I want him back? Absolutely. 

Griffen, love the guy and his story, but as the season went on he isn’t worth the money he will make. He just fell off later in the year. 

If our scheme really is continuing I wouldn’t hate bringing Ham back. He did a pretty dang good job I thought, plays special teams, and won’t be expensive either way. Cook said he likes running behind him. 

• Like 2

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

I will say outside of Colquitt & Bailey... I can pretty much be fine with letting them all walk. 

Harris is going to be getting so much dang money. Do I want him back? Absolutely. 

Griffen, love the guy and his story, but as the season went on he isn’t worth the money he will make. He just fell off later in the year. 

If our scheme really is continuing I wouldn’t hate bringing Ham back. He did a pretty dang good job I thought, plays special teams, and won’t be expensive either way. Cook said he likes running behind him. 

I would not be surprised to see him void his contract and work out a good deal for both sides.

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The production never justified the contract. He’s paid to be a difference maker and we still haven’t seen it show up in the form game changing plays. He solid. Solid shouldn’t cost around $15m.

Again, it wasn't about pure statistics with Barr, it's about what he does for this particular defense.  I think the defense would have looked vastly different without him (over the long haul).  Of course, now we'll never know.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t know what else you can do to improve the offense via free agency. Top OL rarely hit the market and we’re pretty much locked in at the skill positions and QB. Might be able to sign a Billy Turner for $8m, but I guess I’d rather put that towards a CB or Harris.

I think Andrew Witworth is a FA again, but gosh he’s old and just had surgery. Also sounds like he wants back in LA.

Jason Peters is another, but, again, injuries.

There are some guards out there but with the cap situation and just even wondering if the team will let them leave, it’s hard to imagine them ending up here.

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I think Andrew Witworth is a FA again, but gosh he’s old and just had surgery. Also sounds like he wants back in LA.

Jason Peters is another, but, again, injuries.

There are some guards out there but with the cap situation and just even wondering if the team will let them leave, it’s hard to imagine them ending up here.

Yeah, I don't see that happening...I think you just have to count on the existing guys improving and then maybe bringing in someone else via the draft.  I can't imagine they'll be real active in the FA market outside of bringing in potential depth players/competition, not necessarily starters.  

• Like 1

No problem with Udoh and Oneil as our tackles. Samia at guard would be nice too then we can build on the weapons we have. If a better guard is released it would be nice to have the money to obtain them. A more athletic TE to pair with Smith and a legit 3rd WR would do wonders. There are always surprise cuts. Better to be ready for anything on either side of the ball.

Vikings Free Agents

Everson Griffen*** listed as club option/voided contract

Trae Waynes

Anthony Harris

Rashod Hill

Andrew Sendejo

Mackensie Alexander

Dan Bailey

Britton Colquitt

Sean Mannion

Dakota Dozier

Ameer Abdullah

Brett Jones

Laquon Treadwell

C.J. Ham - RFA

Kentrell Brothers

David Morgan

Jayron Kearse

Stephen Weatherly

Eric Wilson - RFA

Marcus Sherels

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would probably be willing to part with all of them (except Bailey and Colquitt) if they didn't want to do a deal for less money.  I would give slight raises to Bailey and Colquitt.  This probably means losing Waynes, Harris and Alexander for certain.

35 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Frees up $13M.  

So with that 13m and the 8m that we we'll get from cutting Rhodes plus also maybe another 8m from cutting Rieff that should leave us with around 24m left. According to over the cap we're already 5m in the hole. With 24m we should be able to get Harris, Mack and maybe Baily resigned fill the rest out with the draft. 

I know pipe dream but makes sense to me😜😜

Edited by vikings209
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, vikings209 said:

So with that 13m and the 8m that we we'll get from cutting Rhodes plus also maybe another 8m from cutting Rieff that should leave us with around 24m left. According to over the cap we're already 5m in the hole. With 24m we should be able to get Harris, Mack and maybe Baily resigned fill the rest out with the draft. 

I know pipe dream but makes sense to me😜😜

I also think that they have to see if Kirk is open to an extension to free up some more cash, along with Linval.  Not this offseason, but next, then Diggs and Thielen will enter the discussions again as their dead money begins to drop again, although nothing will happen to them probably until after the 2021 season.   

The DBs have to be the focus here.

Harris has probably priced himself out of minny, but if they can work something out that be great. Anything north of 12M is probably too much but who knows.

If Waynes is valued around 9m they absolutely have to keep him and the same goes for Mack. I would much rather pay 18M for those two then 14m for Harris.

If Griffen can be talked into a contract around 7-8M and a rotational role then I want him back, because I think that's the best way maximize his value. Good leader too.

STers gotta stay

Let Joeseph walk and the rest are all easy calls too.

An idea that I haven't seen anyone bring up and I hate to do it, but what about trading Smith and keeping Harris? I know the ages aren't that different but Harris is the better player right.

Biggest reason I wouldn't do it is sentiment so...idk lol