2020 Free Agent Thread

gopherwrestler

10 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

If we can afford him, I’d be really interested in Byron Jones. Although if we resign Ant, I doubt there will be much room for a splash signing. 

If we’re thinking splash signings, although highly unlikely, give me Brandon Scherff or Chris Jones! ;)

20 hours ago, Hyperborean said:

Wonder what will become of Trent Williams now?

How about we trade our 1st round pick and Stefon Diggs for him?  Their contract matches up pretty close numbers wise and I would do that all day long.

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Gross. I would cancel my Sunday ticket package.

You honestly think Diggs is more valuable than a Pro bowl LT?  Only thing negative about it would be if Trent Williams is not back off the injury, because if he is he is a HOF type talent, Diggs is probably not.  If Trent Williams is not up to par physically then yeah it does not make sense, I guess really what would make more sense is the 1st rounder and Rieff for Trent Williams but doubt they would do that deal.  That is an even better deal though because then there is no issue with what you do with Rieff.  

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

A 1st round pick and a 26 year old top 5-10 WR for a 32 year old LT with an extensive medical history and hasn’t played 16 games since he was 25? No thank you. He wasn’t playing up to his contract the last two season that he did play.

You have a point with his health but a freaking top 5-10 WR in the NFL?  How you figure that?  He is not top 5 or even top 10, maybe top 15-20.  

Michael Thomas
Julio Jones
DeAndre Hopkins
Keenan Allen
Amari Cooper
Mike Evans
Courtland Sutton
Jarvis Landry
Cooper Kupp
Kenny Golladay

His numbers were greatly helped by Thielen being out so long but he did have a fine year outside of some complaining here or there.  Main reason I said Diggs is just simply the attitude outbursts.  The Reiff deal I would still do regardless of the injury issues.  Still that OL has to be helped and the draft might not be the best way of doing it but maybe all they need is a draft pick or two but I am not sure that is the case.  

17 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

A 1st round pick and a 26 year old top 5-10 WR for a 32 year old LT with an extensive medical history and hasn’t played 16 games since he was 25? No thank you. He wasn’t playing up to his contract the last two season that he did play.

I actually hadn't seen the first round pick part of that lol.  I don't want to give up a first at this point in our lives, no.  

Does a better capologist than me know if there is actually a path that leads to the team having enough space for Harris and a top flight FA corner (Byron would be my top choice) or Chris Jones... Heck, What about all three?

Just curious if this is even possible, and I'm to unreliable with the numbers to trust anything I can come up with.

P.s- for the love of god don't trade Diggs

Edited by Dolmonite26

1 minute ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Does a better capologist than me know if there is actually a path that leads to the team having enough space for Harris and a top flight FA corner (Byron would be my top choice) or Chris Jones... Heck, What about all three?

Just curious if this is even possible, and I'm to unreliable with the numbers to trust anything I can come up with.

P.s- for the love of god don't trade Diggs

Have a look at overthecap.com

3 minutes ago, Hyperborean said:

Have a look at overthecap.com

Thanks, but I've played around with that and, like I said, I'm not sure I really trust my number manipulation enough to have any assurance it's realistic.

Will probably have a look at it again later tho.

Edited by Dolmonite26

Most likely not - we have some expensive contracts we can move on from, but being $5M over the cap at this point puts us behind the 8-ball. 

there are always ways to create more cap room, but it reaches a point where you’re just kicking the can down the road to get slammed by in later. The Cowboys ran into a lot of issues by consistently restructuring contracts. 

That being said, Chris Jones is exactly the type of player I would want in the middle of my defense. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Most likely not - we have some expensive contracts we can move on from, but being $5M over the cap at this point puts us behind the 8-ball. 

there are always ways to create more cap room, but it reaches a point where you’re just kicking the can down the road to get slammed by in later. The Cowboys ran into a lot of issues by consistently restructuring contracts. 

That being said, Chris Jones is exactly the type of player I would want in the middle of my defense. 

I doubt KC will let him get away.