Week 2 - Rams vs. Redskins

RamRod

Here's the reality and no offense . mcvay overrated he isn't a real head coach and you guys have a lot of work to do on the offense .. defense wise it'd take time to adjust to Phillips D .

5-11 or 6-10 season mcvay out in two years Gruden was the real engineer on the offense .

It stings we lost the way we lost BUT this team is different. Being down 13-0 and getting ran all over in the first half, the previous regime would folded and the Rams would've lost big.

This regime made adjustments on defense and stopped the run dead in its tracks. Goff made that one bad decision but I thought he looked good and made good decisions. Gurley played great, Everett continues to show why the Rams took him in the 2nd round and Kupp made a few good catches. So all in all it's tough the Rams lost but this is a different team and I expect them to bounce back and destroy the Niners on TNF to get to 2-1 with 10 days to rest and prepare for the Cowboys.

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Here's the reality and no offense . mcvay overrated he isn't a real head coach and you guys have a lot of work to do on the offense .. defense wise it'd take time to adjust to Phillips D .

5-11 or 6-10 season mcvay out in two years Gruden was the real engineer on the offense .

troll! Redskins are trash, Rams will have a better record STILL! screen shot this if you want

6 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Your "reality" lacks any sort of basis in fact. Look up Wade Phillips's track record. That's about the only thing you said that has any objective basis, and you're totally wrong.

But if the Rams suck so bad, it must concern you that the Redskins had such trouble winning this game.

I'm disappointed but not despondent. The D will get better- there's no way a defensive guru like Wade Phillips isn't going to address the glaring weaknesses in setting the edge and stopping the run we saw today- and the offence was doing pretty well overall. Woods killed us today but Goff looked good until staring down Kupp on the interception at the end, and it was obviously a relief to see Gurley back on song.

Onwards and upwards- let's make no mistake on Thursday.

Very happy with the response after halftime. After reading through this thread, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that is sick of Austin and Ogletree, and that wanted to bench Woods toward the end.

Austin catching that punt inside the 5 was terrible. I'm tired of watching him try to do too much only to have it cost us.

Ogletree sucks. Like he really sucks. He gets juked out a lot, is terrible in coverage, and literally GIVES UP after he misses the first time. He's horrible and needs to go. 

Woods throwing that punch and not being able to set a pick without getting flagged was huge. He needed to be taken off the field to get his mind right.

Overall, it was still an encouraging game. Aside of not being able to stop the run and a few plays that went the other way, we definitely could've came away with that one. Hopefully we unleash Sammy soon because he is a monster. 

20 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

LOL

It's funny how other teams fans are giving the Rams credit for playing a good game after falling behind and showing some spine. But then there's a handful of Rams fans that are lost. Rams showed a lot that game, yes there are things to work on but they have nothing to be ashamed of. Calling McVay overrated is just well we really aren't supposed to use those words on this forum.

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Austin catching that punt inside the 5 was terrible. I'm tired of watching him try to do too much only to have it cost us.

Austin is just a punching bag here. He let the previous punt go, and it was downed at the 1. He nearly sprung a punt for a TD earlier and got tripped up by one of the few guys in position to prevent a huge return on that play because Countess did a poor job of blocking.

Austin has major warts as a WR (his lack of football IQ is the biggest one), but he's a really good PR.

Archived