Week 2 - Rams vs. Redskins

RamRod

I'll say it again, today was a tough game because the Rams essentially had to prepare for the Redskins and the Niners. I thought if the Rams would've won it would've been by a FG. TNF against the Niners I think we win and do it by at least 14pts. I know some will say the Niners look good in how they played Seattle close in Seattle. The Rams will show on national tv that the offense is better and the defense is nasty. I don't think they took the Redskins running attack seriously and that's why they ran well in the 1st half. The coaches made adjustments at halftime and the run defense improved drastically. 

My thoughts were that the Rams defense didn't make enough plays. The special teams did and the offense did. Again I think we beat the Niners to get to (2-1) then have 10 days to prepare for the Cowboys. That's always nice to have a long break in between games. But it did sting to lose the game today, I'm glad the Rams play Thursday so we can put this game behind us quickly and get back on the field to hopefully get back to winning.

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Given how bad the offense is for us, I imagine that pity TD you give us will actually be a kickoff return following a score that put you guys up 20-0 or something and not anything Brian Hoyer did right.

Based on today's game, you could probably get a TD by just handing it off to Hyde 12 times in a row (if he doesn't get hurt).

12 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Here's the reality and no offense . mcvay overrated he isn't a real head coach and you guys have a lot of work to do on the offense .. defense wise it'd take time to adjust to Phillips D .

5-11 or 6-10 season mcvay out in two years Gruden was the real engineer on the offense .

Jay Gruden? The guy that gave you 264 total yards, one TD and one FG in week one? The guy that has Cousins averaging 205 yards and 1 TD a game so far? The guy that just barely led you past the Rams? That Gruden???

giphy.gif

Come on, man. The Skins are coming off an 8 win season. Their coach is familiar with the players and the players are familiar with him. And you all, so far, look like you are losing ground. Particularly in the offense department. Meanwhile we are coming off a 4 win season with one of the worst offenses I have ever seen and literally every aspect of it has improved. 

Let's give McVay and Gruden more than 2 games before we write either off or crown either the next HCotY.

Listen guys, we all know the Rams arent there yet. We are going to lose games. We are going to lose winnable games. This is a team with a losing culture and some talent deficits. It takes time to build a winner. 

This is a season where we see what we are building towards. 

I can tell you one thing though... coming from a team with a history of solid MLB play (omg... what Kuechly could do for this defense), Ogletree just kills me. He is not a starting MLB imo. 

2 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Listen guys, we all know the Rams arent there yet. We are going to lose games. We are going to lose winnable games. This is a team with a losing culture and some talent deficits. It takes time to build a winner. 

This is a season where we see what we are building towards. 

I can tell you one thing though... coming from a team with a history of solid MLB play (omg... what Kuechly could do for this defense), Ogletree just kills me. He is not a starting MLB imo. 

Word B.

15 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Here's the reality and no offense . mcvay overrated he isn't a real head coach and you guys have a lot of work to do on the offense .. defense wise it'd take time to adjust to Phillips D .

5-11 or 6-10 season mcvay out in two years Gruden was the real engineer on the offense .

Adamantly disagree here. McVay was and is an offensive prodigy. Will he have his hiccups in his first season? Absolutely. But he will be a great coach in time. It was widely known inside the Redskins circles that McVay was the hardest working person at Redskins Park. He is only 30 years old and is inheriting a team built by Jeff "8-8" Fischer. You guys are absolutely in the process of building a strong team but it will take patience and development in the first couple of years. I like your future path a lot better than the Redskins long-term "plan". I hope for success on both teams and will be rooting for you guys and McVay the rest of the year. Keep your heads up, you guys fought back to tie the game when a lot of teams under different leadership might have given up at halftime.

9 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Adamantly disagree here. McVay was and is an offensive prodigy. Will he have his hiccups in his first season? Absolutely. But he will be a great coach in time. It was widely known inside the Redskins circles that McVay was the hardest working person at Redskins Park. He is only 30 years old and is inheriting a team built by Jeff "8-8" Fischer. You guys are absolutely in the process of building a strong team but it will take patience and development in the first couple of years. I like your future path a lot better than the Redskins long-term "plan". I hope for success on both teams and will be rooting for you guys and McVay the rest of the year. Keep your heads up, you guys fought back to tie the game when a lot of teams under different leadership might have given up at halftime.

The biggest take away from yesterday for most of us is the team fought back. Too many times under Fisher we'd come out of the half and not make adjustments. We saw too many games were a 20-10 half time deficit quickly became 34-10. This tam didn't fold and fought back. That's something young teams need to learn before they turn the corner.

11 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I'll say it again, today was a tough game because the Rams essentially had to prepare for the Redskins and the Niners. I thought if the Rams would've won it would've been by a FG. TNF against the Niners I think we win and do it by at least 14pts. I know some will say the Niners look good in how they played Seattle close in Seattle. The Rams will show on national tv that the offense is better and the defense is nasty. I don't think they took the Redskins running attack seriously and that's why they ran well in the 1st half. The coaches made adjustments at halftime and the run defense improved drastically. 

My thoughts were that the Rams defense didn't make enough plays. The special teams did and the offense did. Again I think we beat the Niners to get to (2-1) then have 10 days to prepare for the Cowboys. That's always nice to have a long break in between games. But it did sting to lose the game today, I'm glad the Rams play Thursday so we can put this game behind us quickly and get back on the field to hopefully get back to winning.

Lol ctfu dude your underestimating the 49er really hard and the Rams offense didn't make enough plays ... without the fake punt you only put up 17 points . 

your offense needs to step up and it's time for Watkins to be that guy that you traded for . Don't worry terrel Pryor on the redskins so far hasn't gone squat .

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

The biggest take away from yesterday for most of us is the team fought back. Too many times under Fisher we'd come out of the half and not make adjustments. We saw too many games were a 20-10 half time deficit quickly became 34-10. This tam didn't fold and fought back. That's something young teams need to learn before they turn the corner.

They did fight hard to come back I'll give y'all that .

1 hour ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

jeff fisher is overrated But mcvay won't get them ever to 8-8 wins dude . Mcvay wasn't a bad play caller in Washington and I won't lie it's showed our passing regressed .but that could easily be the lose of Garcon and Jackson .

pryor hasn't lived up to his hype in anyway .

4 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Jay Gruden? The guy that gave you 264 total yards, one TD and one FG in week one? The guy that has Cousins averaging 205 yards and 1 TD a game so far? The guy that just barely led you past the Rams? That Gruden???

giphy.gif

Come on, man. The Skins are coming off an 8 win season. Their coach is familiar with the players and the players are familiar with him. And you all, so far, look like you are losing ground. Particularly in the offense department. Meanwhile we are coming off a 4 win season with one of the worst offenses I have ever seen and literally every aspect of it has improved. 

Let's give McVay and Gruden more than 2 games before we write either off or crown either the next HCotY.

lol first off the eagles defense is actually very good and second Gruden didn't throw a endzone int which all we needed was a FG . He also didn't tell the OL to play crappy or tell Jamison Crowder to muff a punt .

How is it the coaches fault lol we ran the right offense but if your QB is terrible than you can't win!

gruden has had two winning seasons and a division win. He's done a lot for Washington ... if Kirk Cousins can be his 2016 self than skins win the NFCE and yes the NFCE is wide open there isn't s dominate team especially if Dallas D is terrible and now showing a decline on offense .

My bet tho I hate to say it the Giants climb up and win the division .

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Mcvay only around until the Rams get a new stadium than they'll find a better HC and new fans new hype etc .

thats how buissness goes and I promise you that will happen . They got mcvay because there wasn't a lot of coaches avalible and wanted to make some sort of history by hiring a 30 year old HC.

Yeah sure, the Rams hired McVay just so they could make history by having the youngest head coach of all time. 

You done here yet, dude?

Archived