Bears hire Bill Lazor as OC

.Buzz

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I...don't know much about him.

Anybody?

@TheVillain112, @theJ, @THE DUKE

He was only briefly the OC in Cincy.  Wasn't great, too many 3 and outs IIRC.  He started out well though, just the offense got stale and didn't evolve after defenses adapted to what Lazor was doing.

So...2nd round pick for Dalton?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

He was only briefly the OC in Cincy.  Wasn't great, too many 3 and outs IIRC.  He started out well though, just the offense got stale and didn't evolve after defenses adapted to what Lazor was doing.

Nagy will end up being, for the most part, the OC anyway. Was Lazor good with personnel?

31 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

If it was up to me, I'd consider it. Or, at least consider our fourth. Unfortunately, it ain't up to me, though. 

Do you think the Bengals will stand fast as to get a trade partner for Dalton? 

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Lol that's funny....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

So we were that unattractive to legitimate candidates, huh? 

Well think about it. If you were a legit OC would you want the Bears job knowing you won't have much impact on game days and that you will still be blamed if things don't go well?

Also whether people want to believe it or not both Pace and Nagy will be on hot seat if this team fails to make POs again next season. 

Plus Mitch is still a big work in progress. 

Tough situation but honestly I'm not even worried. If they suck again next year then hopefully everyone is gone and they completely start over.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 2

Lazor was the QB coach under Shurmur's offense in Philly. I would almost bet Shurmur suggested Lazor during his interview after he denied the job. 

Very underwhelming hire because this also means Nagy will still be calling plays next year.

He has worked for or beside some experienced coaches in his career though. Most notably; Pat Shurmur, Joe Gibbs, Arthur Smith, Jim Mora, Mike Holmgren, Joe Philbin, Marvin Lewis, and Dan Quinn.

2a50a6de84db99fb075cacf498ea576791fc3bf5

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

If he is released he can come compete. I am not trading for Dalton or paying him 17  million.

No one is paying Dalton 17 million.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Tough situation but honestly I'm not even worried. If they suck again next year then hopefully everyone is gone and they completely start over.

That scenario doesn't worry you? 

Really? O.o

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

No one is paying Dalton 17 million.

That scenario doesn't worry you? 

Really? O.o

Why would it worry me that they have a chance to hire people who may be more capable of the guys they currently have staffed in the FO and on the coaching staff and also a potential better QB?

If they suck again next year then there's no point in continuing with these guys. I mean how many chances are you willing to give them all?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Lazor was the QB coach under Shurmur's offense in Philly. I would almost bet Shurmur suggested Lazor during his interview after he denied the job. 

Very underwhelming hire because this also means Nagy will still be calling plays next year.

He has worked for or beside some experienced coaches in his career though. Most notably; Pat Shurmur, Joe Gibbs, Arthur Smith, Jim Mora, Mike Holmgren, Joe Philbin, Marvin Lewis, and Dan Quinn.

2a50a6de84db99fb075cacf498ea576791fc3bf5

I don't know how accurate the source is but according to Jeff Dickerson, Lazor was one of Nagy's preferred choices as OC when he got hired 2 years ago but he was not available at the time.

Apparantly Lazor was invited as a guest by Nagy to attend Bears OTA practices this past offseason.

Sounds like Nagy got a guy he was good with all along.

#noexcuses

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1