Bears hire Bill Lazor as OC

.Buzz

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Just a hunch but if the OT and TE play was better, then maybe the QB play would be better than mediocre also?

We have no way of knowing. There's a lot of evidence that those QB problems go beyond line play, but we can't be certain to what degree, when the line was so consistently bad.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

How does that thought process work, though? You're essentially drafting a swing tackle with one of your top two picks in this draft. Don't get me wrong, I think Leno was ******* awful last season but it also was a deviation from his "norm". Plus, both those dudes are owed a lot of $$$.

You don't have to start whoever makes the most money. It doesn't work like that. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

We have no way of knowing. There's a lot of evidence that those QB problems go beyond line play, but we can't be certain to what degree, when the line was so consistently bad.

You don't have to start whoever makes the most money. It doesn't work like that. 

I know, but then you're benching someone making $10.3M (Leno) or $8.3M (Massie). That's a bad look...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

I know, but then you're benching someone making $10.3M (Leno) or $8.3M (Massie). That's a bad look...

No doubt. But it then comes down to Pace's ego vs. putting a better product on the field. Let's hope he'd go the sensible route...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, G08 said:

How does that thought process work, though? You're essentially drafting a swing tackle with one of your top two picks in this draft. Don't get me wrong, I think Leno was ******* awful last season but it also was a deviation from his "norm". Plus, both those dudes are owed a lot of $$$.

$ shouldn't matter. The play needs to be  better. I am not relying on it improving with those 2 guys just because they hired a new OL coach.

Leno was never really that talented of an OT to begin with. He's serviceable but I would always be looking to upgrade on him.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

$ shouldn't matter. The play needs to be  better. I am not relying on it improving with those 2 guys just because they hired a new OL coach.

Leno was never really that talented of an OT to begin with. He's serviceable but I would always be looking to upgrade on him.

It shouldn't matter but we have to look at this from Pace's perspective if we are being honest with what likely will happen.

Leno is serviceable, last year was an aberration if you look at his career in the NFL, but it also could be a sign of things to come. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

It shouldn't matter but we have to look at this from Pace's perspective if we are being honest with what likely will happen.

Leno is serviceable, last year was an aberration if you look at his career in the NFL, but it also could be a sign of things to come. 

If Leno loses his job to a Pace draft hit then Pace comes out ahead from a public perception stand point.

I cannot see him spending big at OT in 2020 because of the needs elsewhere. Leno is serviceable our RG situation is not.

Sign an OG

Draft an OT and hopefully at some point in 2020 he takes Leno or Massie's job.

• Like 1