Make Another Movie - Draft Thread

Dome

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

Couple ideas on the selection process... lemme know what y'all think

1) a point system... actors can have a certain amount of points spent on them, once they reach the limit, they're booked and cannot be in any more films.

ex: say all actors can have 5 points spent on them. maybe the first 2 rounds are 5 point rounds, anyone taken in those rounds cannot be in other flims. maybe rounds 3-4 are 4 point rounds, 5-6 are 3 point rounds, and so on.

2) a budget system. 

ex: everyone has a budget. in a bid thread you can make an offer one one actor at a time, if you place a bid on the actor and nobody bids higher over 72 hours, they're yours.

I like that first option a lot. Still have the draft aspect, still have some actors/actresses exclusive while opening up the field for supporting roles a bit.

Another thing I think we should clarify is who we're drafting. Are we doing composers, writers, producers, whoever or sticking to actors/actresses/directors

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I like that first option a lot. Still have the draft aspect, still have some actors/actresses exclusive while opening up the field for supporting roles a bi

it would also have the "lead" vs "supporting role" description for voting in the finals built right in.

probably going to do this.

• Like 1

What if we went more in depth? A big part of what made the first one so much fun for me was researching people and browsing random movies for people I didn't remember I liked in a certain movie until I saw them again.

What if we had an On Screen Talent draft like last game, as well as a "Behind The Scenes" draft where people selected their director, composer, writers, producers, lighting/effects/choreography/etc... Not requirements, just whoever you want to improve your film. 

edit:

hmmmm. maybe not. that could be tough to balance with random draft selections. someone could get screwed with bad picks in both spots.

keeping the draft order lets 1st place double up. inversing the draft for the second draft could screw someone who thought their lead/director was the most important piece and missed out based on inverting the order for the other draft.

Edited by Dome

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

What if we went more in depth? A big part of what made the first one so much fun for me was researching people and browsing random movies for people I didn't remember I liked in a certain movie until I saw them again.

What if we had an On Screen Talent draft like last game, as well as a "Behind The Scenes" draft where people selected their director, composer, writers, producers, lighting/effects/choreography/etc... Not requirements, just whoever you want to improve your film. 

Why don’t we just make it like a fantasy football draft?  

X amount of slots.

1. Director

2. Writer

3. Lead actor

4. Lead Actress

5. Supporting Actor

6. Supporting actress

7. Flex actor/actress

8, 9, 10, 11, 12 are like your bench.  

Can’t draft your bench until you fill your key roles.  

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Why don’t we just make it like a fantasy football draft?  

X amount of slots.

1. Director

2. Writer

3. Lead actor

4. Lead Actress

5. Supporting Actor

6. Supporting actress

7. Flex actor/actress

8, 9, 10, 11, 12 are like your bench.  

Can’t draft your bench until you fill your key roles.  

I believe you've blown this thing wide open. 

Outpost has the answers. 

Just now, Dome said:

I won't force you into chosing specific targets in specific rounds, but you will have certain positions you must fill as well as flex slots. 

Yeah that’s what I meant.  Just like fantasy football, you can go WR before RB if you want, but you have to fill X amount of receivers before you can draft your third RB etc.  

• Like 1

Yeah that’s what I meant.  Just like fantasy football, you can go WR before RB if you want, but you have to fill X amount of receivers before you can draft your third RB etc.  

Yeah. I don't think I'll even force the last part. If you want to go RB heavy, it's your choice. But you WILL have to take another WR at some point. 

I'm also thinking about having a seperate thread where each person just makes ONE post each until everyone has their own post on the 1st page, then it's open for discussion .  This is where people will post their movies/cast/teasers/etc... everyone can all edit their posts and it will be neat and tidy with people adding to their post at their own pace. come voting time everyones movies will be right there on page 1.

So this thing will probably be HARD capped at 15 people.

• Like 2

The actual movie you’re making should cost a pick, too.  Or something.  Should promote originality somehow.  Tie it in with the budget.  An original idea is free, but an adaptation costs some of your budget to purchase the rights.  

Using yourself is free, too (writer).  

• Like 1

@Dome, the draft thing is figured out.  Now we have to figure out the budget.  We have to involve the movie somehow.  Maybe 150 million budget for everybody.  A big action epic would cost like 75 million, leaving less for actors.  lol f they’ve been nominated for an Oscar, X amount of dollars... That’s what we have to figure out next.

No, that’s what YOU have to figure out next.  You’re the host.

@Dome, the draft thing is figured out.  Now we have to figure out the budget.  We have to involve the movie somehow.  Maybe 150 million budget for everybody.  A big action epic would cost like 75 million, leaving less for actors.  lol f they’ve been nominated for an Oscar, X amount of dollars... That’s what we have to figure out next.

A budget AND a draft?

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've already tried to set something like this up a month or so ago. I failed lol but I am not the best suited for doing it. 

Edited by Pickle Rick