Make Another Movie - Draft Thread

Dome

33 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Dome, @rackcs, no offense but this thing needs some order. 

For the next one, one of you two will host it.  Here is how it will go:

1. It will be a television series. 
2. Everybody will have to fill the SAME roles in a draft.  We will limit the draft to 6 picks.  After the 6 picks, players can fill their project with as many NON household name actors they want since it is a television project and TV can't have DiCaprio, Pitt, Hanks, etc. 
3. After the draft is over, players will have to submit a SERIES synopsis as well as a PILOT synopsis. 
4. After every player submits their synopsis, it will go to a vote.  Everybody ranks each project based on which show they would MOST like to watch all the way down to LEAST.  The project with the LEAST interest is cancelled. 
5. We will continue this process until we have one winning television series. 

Roles to fill (can be drafted in any order):

1. Showrunner
2. Lead
3. Lead
4. Supporting character
5. Supporting character
6. Supporting character

The leads can be A-List celebrities.  Supporting roles can be stars, but not A-listers (might get subjective).

Yes, somebody will finish last this way.  Tough.  Just means they'll have to get better.  And this definitely means I will take last place.  Ha!

@Elky, @Pickle Rick, @The Orca, @animaltested, @FinneasGage (Smug Goat was upset), @daboyle250, @Malfatron, @MikeT14, @Deadpulse, @MWil23, @Daniel...

Does the above sound good?  

Sounds good to me. 

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@Dome, @rackcs, no offense but this thing needs some order. 

For the next one, one of you two will host it.  Here is how it will go:

1. It will be a television series. 
2. Everybody will have to fill the SAME roles in a draft.  We will limit the draft to 6 picks.  After the 6 picks, players can fill their project with as many NON household name actors they want since it is a television project and TV can't have DiCaprio, Pitt, Hanks, etc. 
3. After the draft is over, players will have to submit a SERIES synopsis as well as a PILOT synopsis. 
4. After every player submits their synopsis, it will go to a vote.  Everybody ranks each project based on which show they would MOST like to watch all the way down to LEAST.  The project with the LEAST interest is cancelled. 
5. We will continue this process until we have one winning television series. 

Roles to fill (can be drafted in any order):

1. Showrunner
2. Lead
3. Lead
4. Supporting character
5. Supporting character
6. Supporting character

The leads can be A-List celebrities.  Supporting roles can be stars, but not A-listers (might get subjective).

Yes, somebody will finish last this way.  Tough.  Just means they'll have to get better.  And this definitely means I will take last place.  Ha!

@Elky, @Pickle Rick, @The Orca, @animaltested, @FinneasGage (Smug Goat was upset), @daboyle250, @Malfatron, @MikeT14, @Deadpulse, @MWil23, @Daniel...

Does the above sound good?  

If I'm being honest I hate this idea. What if I only need one lead but more than 3 supporting characters? What if my story is a love triangle and I need 3 leads? I don't like forcing people into boxes like this, people should be able to create the stories they want.

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

If I'm being honest I hate this idea. What if I only need one lead but more than 3 supporting characters? What if my story is a love triangle and I need 3 leads? I don't like forcing people into boxes like this, people should be able to create the stories they want.

Agreed. It’s too restrictive and IMO the final products would suffer.

I also don’t like the proposed rule that only TV actors could be in it. There are lots of actors who appeared in movies before going to TV... a there are lots of movie actors that nobody has heard of that would be great for TV.

I don’t think more structure than the current setup is bad, but if it’s too restrictive I probably won’t be able to participate. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

Agreed. It’s too restrictive and IMO the final products would suffer.

I also don’t like the proposed rule that only TV actors could be in it. There are lots of actors who appeared in movies before going to TV... a there are lots of movie actors that nobody has heard of that would be great for TV.

I don’t think more structure than the current setup is bad, but if it’s too restrictive I probably won’t be able to participate. 

I'm all for something that's restrictive in a fun way, like assigning genres to people or things like that as a new take on the make a movie thing. But yeah, restrictions just for restrictions sake I think is no fun.