Make Another Movie - Draft Thread

Dome

2 minutes ago, daboyle250 said:

The movie I'm making is completely dependent on the director and if I'm in the lower half of the draft, I'm gonna be so screwed. Fun!

That's what I thought last time but directors are so dependent on what vision everyone has that you'd be surprised who slips. That said, I get what you're saying because I've got one specific guy in mind for my movie too.

23 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

No idea what to do for this movie 

Options are:

Sci fi space thriller

Dragon/adventure 

Disaster at sea

Serial killer murder mystery 

End of the world syfy movie

Civil War (might be saving this for a full on attempt at making one)

Maybe some other options/suggestions 

1. You trying to one up me...you will fail :D

2. Yes

3. Interesting. This wins imo

4. I'm thinking something similar

5. Yes, Yes, Yes

6. Hell yes

@Pickle Rick, don’t know if I told you this or not, but if you ever want your script to do anything other than take up space on your computer’s hard drive, you’re gonna want to write something with a tiny budget.  You (and everyone else not related to somebody in Hollywood) have got a snowball’s chance in hell at ever selling anything, but no chance of some epic multi-million dollar project getting sold.  Look at all the spec scripts that have ever been sold and you’ll see cheap movies, good ideas.  The most famous nobody to somebody was that Diablo Cody or whatever her name is lady.  She was a stripper who sold Juno.  Juno was probably produced for like 500,000.  Just some advice if that helps you decide what to spend some time on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

@Pickle Rick I think the civil war one would be excellent for the TV show version of this 

no idea what your story is, but that combo works 

Maybe.  

I'm just thinking about my time and if I do the civil war one (either movie or TV show), I'm gonna go all out.  It's one of the more fascinating and interesting time periods to me. 

For this one I was probably gonna go with a bit lighter effort (but knowing me I'll probably get sucked into it).  

Edited by Pickle Rick
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Pickle Rick, don’t know if I told you this or not, but if you ever want your script to do anything other than take up space on your computer’s hard drive, you’re gonna want to write something with a tiny budget.  You (and everyone else not related to somebody in Hollywood) have got a snowball’s chance in hell at ever selling anything, but no chance of some epic multi-million dollar project getting sold.  Look at all the spec scripts that have ever been sold and you’ll see cheap movies, good ideas.  The most famous nobody to somebody was that Diablo Cody or whatever her name is lady.  She was a stripper who sold Juno.  Juno was probably produced for like 500,000.  Just some advice if that helps you decide what to spend some time on. 

You might have, I can't remember.  

I still need to finish that Roanoke script so I can at least say I completed one and then go from there lol.  

So I'd like some input as well on my next one. The options so far are

1. The Final Reich: Journey into the Universe

2. A time travel horror mystery 

3. War movie 

4. The real story of Robert Falcon Scott and his ill fated expedition to the South Pole

5. The Peak (or something similar)- a scifi/adventure/thriller 

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

3. War movie 

4. The real story of Robert Falcon Scott and his ill fated expedition to the South Pole

1. Could work, but might be tough in a draft format 

2. We could go head to head in a face off of similar but different themes lol

3. You know I love it.  

4. You trying to one up me...you will fail :D

5. Sign me up for tickets 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Orca said:

3. War movie 

#2 or #4

• Like 1

@FinneasGage and @Deadpulse if you could reserve your first page post in this thread sometime today, it would be much appreciated. I could close the signups tonight and open that thread up for discussion. 

Preparing for a snowstorm I'm packing a bag and planning on staying with my parents for a couple days (they live a mile from where I work) and my laptop is dead right now. If we finalize the signups tonight I can post the rules and draft tonight/tomorrow morning and get things underway before I leave my wife's laptop at home for several days.