Wade is supposedly in Cleveland, how does our roster look for a 3-4

hornbybrown

The odd thing for me about potentially hiring Phillips is he’s nothing like anyone else we have.

We’re building an analytics based team, infusing data into weekly game plans to try to optimize efficiency, etc., and then we hire a DC who had pretty much run the same scheme for 35 years and isn’t really known for his week to week adjustments.

Obviously his track record speaks for itself, but it just seems like a somewhat odd pairing considering there’s no work history between these guys (that I know of anyway).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I thought he was a great candidate to play 3-4 OLB coming out of college. But he's gotten a lot bigger and as far as I can recall, he wasn't a good fit playing 34 OLB in New York.

For 15 million next season (and no dead cap) there was always a chance he wasn’t gonna be in the plans either way.

I would love to make Wade the DC for a year or two. Make him have ab under study. So when they are ready, we can give Wade an assistant position/advisory position kinda like what Kubiak does in Minny. Allow him to work with the DC but he can start to take it easy. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, let’s be honest, there really isn’t a scheme where Myles isn’t gonna be a problem for an opposing offense.

Yeah, I remember people freaking out about Vonn transitioning from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and how he projected. That was hilarious at the time and even moreso now. 3 point stance vs athletic standup, not asked to do much more than he used to be. Hilarious.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, let’s be honest, there really isn’t a scheme where Myles isn’t gonna be a problem for an opposing offense.

True but I would like to see him moved around more and stunted more. Wilks was pretty vanilla with him last year.