Wade is supposedly in Cleveland, how does our roster look for a 3-4

hornbybrown

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I would love to make Wade the DC for a year or two. Make him have ab under study. So when they are ready, we can give Wade an assistant position/advisory position kinda like what Kubiak does in Minny. Allow him to work with the DC but he can start to take it easy. 

Cleveland Ohio....a new hotbed retirement community.  :) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I've never been a fan of the 3-4 defense.  I'll pass on Wade.

Peace!!!

Its not a 3-4... its a 4-3 thats disguised as a 3-4. 

Now that I think about it, its actually more of a 4-2-5 with 3 CBs on the field and the SS coming down in the box as the '3rd LB'.

So you typically have a OLB standing up playing DE, you have a SS playing down as a OLB, 3 Man coverage CBs and 1 single high FS.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Absolutely agree.

I'm getting Jason Fisk flashbacks just thinking about it

How dare you say anything negative about Andra Davis. He was my DUDE.

Yes/No. Depth is something that's an absolute MUST in the 3-4, while you can say the same about a 4-3, most 3-4 teams carry an extra LB (sometimes 2) and an extra interior DL (sometimes 2) on their roster. From a starting standpoint, that's not really a bad things, but from a depth standpoint, this is a disaster waiting to happen. That said, if we have 2+ years to do it, I like our odds just as much as a 4-3 as the skeletal structure shouldn't change.

Oh absolutely. 4-3/3-4 doesn't matter because we don't have the guys. Imagine having a DC who wanted to play with 3 safeties on the field with our current roster...just imagine it.

Eh...maybe. It's always hard to gauge rookies, although it doesn't seem to stop our fanbase from ripping them to pieces. TBH, I think that putting Mack as a hybrid guy would be a fine idea. Pass coverage, using his instincts along the edge, sliding inside on passing situations...and maybe Takitaki ends up being a guy that sticks too. I still think we need an FA SLB regardless of scheme.

Umm...

D’Qwell Jackson?????

• 2 weeks later...