2020 Packer coaching changes, should there be any ?

OneTwoSixFive

Davante is Davante
Lazard overachieved
MVS underachieved
GMO underachieved
Kumerow underachieved (if that’s possible)
Shepherd completely washed out
Grant and EQ are TBD

I don’t have strong feelings on any position coach, but that’s not exactly a feather in the cap for Whitted.

35 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Davante is Davante
Lazard overachieved
MVS underachieved
GMO underachieved
Grant and EQ are TBD

I don’t have strong feelings on any position coach, but that’s not exactly a feather in the cap for Whitted.

agreed

it appears to be a coaching position we could improve upon based on results

4 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Davante is Davante
Lazard overachieved
MVS underachieved
GMO underachieved
Grant and EQ are TBD

Good points. 

Maybe Lazard overachieved because he simply got the chance to contribute.  That was my thought anyway.

Allison was just Allison, he's always been a JAG at best.  Every now and then he does something nice and everyone gets excited and then he goes back to being a warm body taking up space on the field.  Same with Kumerow, although I'd trust Kumerow more than Allison at this point.

The others I don't know what happened other than maybe the big stage was too much for them.  Or maybe Whitted is just not a very good NFL coach.

Geronimo is what he is. I don't consider this a huge "under". He was always a guy you've been hoping to push down the depth chart his career high is 23 catches.

MVS is a second year guy who is physically talented but route running and hands have always been inconsistent. It's disappointing stat wise,  I consider this a push.

Kumerow? again a push. Overall this is another Geronimo Allison situation. Really borderline NFL talent and you gotta be kinda happy you get anything at all out of them.

Shepherd washed out? He was a scrap heap pick up to begin with.

There really isn't much talent to develop in the first place.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Davante is Davante
Lazard overachieved
MVS underachieved
GMO underachieved
Grant and EQ are TBD

Pretty hard to say that five players, four of whom were street/undrafted free agents, underachieved especially when pff (not the be all end all blah blah) rated our top four receivers as average-elite.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spilltray said:

Geronimo is what he is. I don't consider this a huge "under". He was always a guy you've been hoping to push down the depth chart his career high is 23 catches.

MVS is a second year guy who is physically talented but route running and hands have always been inconsistent. It's disappointing stat wise,  I consider this a push.

Kumerow? again a push. Overall this is another Geronimo Allison situation. Really borderline NFL talent and you gotta be kinda happy you get anything at all out of them.

Shepherd washed out? He was a scrap heap pick up to begin with.

There really isn't much talent to develop in the first place.

This is the one I don't agree with. Route running and, to a lesser extent hands, both feel like things that can be improved with good coaching. MVS's failure to grow this year, then, does fall on the shoulders of the guy coaching him. Especially considering the raw traits he (and also ESB, but okay he was hurt) has, you'd hope a good coach can turn that into something. So that's the one I do not consider a push. 

Sure, lets fire the WR coach based on his success coaching a group of UDFA's for a single season in a new offensive system.  Esp since I've read multiple posts in this very forum explaining how one of those UDFA's is performing as well as a league average WR2.  Not to mention the fact that I seem to remember watching multiple games this season where WR's were open, but the QB was either not throwing them the ball, or making poor throws when he did.

Great plan. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Davante is Davante
Lazard overachieved
MVS underachieved
GMO underachieved
Grant and EQ are TBD

Honestly overachieving Lazard should be good enough. GMO is fine, he just needs to hold onto the ball sometimes. I dont know what happened with MVS, sophomore slump. Overall the talent outside of Adams/Lazard is thin, I dont think any coach is gonna make them much much better than they will become.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Honestly overachieving Lazard should be good enough. GMO is fine, he just needs to hold onto the ball sometimes. I dont know what happened with MVS, sophomore slump. Overall the talent outside of Adams/Lazard is thin, I dont think any coach is gonna make them much much better than they will become.

Agreed, some people put too much blame in coaching. I think most people get when you’re rolling with 3 udfa prospects and a 5th round pick you are going to have some bumps

• Like 2