My First 2020 Detroit Lions Mock Offseason

Louis Delmas26

Hi guys, I have been gone for about a year and I hope the members of PHREAKS Fantasy League had a great season! I apologize for having to step away due to a work promotion, but last nights National Championship game got me fired up for our offseason ahead! Here is my first 2020 Mock Offseason!

Re-Sign:

J.D. McKissic, RB - 2 year, $3 mil

Danny Amendola, WR - 1 year, $4 mil

Logan Thomas, TE - 1 year, $1 mil

Graham Glasgow, RG - 4 year, $28 mil

Mike Daniels, DE/DT - 1 year, $5 mil

Michael Ford, CB - 1 year, $1 mil

Tavon Wilson, S - 1 year, $1.5 mil

Sam Martin, P - 2 year, $4 mil

Don "The Goat" Muhlbach, LS - 1 year, $1 mil

Free Agency:

Marcus Mariota, QB, Tennessee Titans - 1 year, $4 mil

Emmanuel Ogbah, DE/OLB - Kansas City Chiefs - 2 year, $6 mil

Jordan Phillips, DT, Buffalo Bills - 2 year, $6 mil

Joe Schobert, MLB, Cleveland Browns - 5 year, $50 mil

Draft:

3.) TRADE - Trade with the Miami Dolphins for 5 and 26

5.) Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson

26.) Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
35.) Curtis Weaver, OLB/DE, Boise State

67.) KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State

99.) Cam Akers, RB, Florida State

131.) Jordan Fuller, S, Ohio State

154.) Michael Onwenu, G, Michigan

Depth Chart:

QB - Stafford, Mariota, Blough

RB - Johnson, Akers, McKissic, Scarbrough

FB - Bawden

WR - Golladay, Jones, Amendola, Hamler, Hall Jr., Fulgham

TE - Hockenson, James, Thomas

T - Decker, Wagner, Crosby

G - Dahl, Glasgow, Wiggins, Onwenu

C- Ragnow, Benzschawel

DE - Flowers, Daniels, Hand, Okwara, Bryant

DT - Harrison, Phillips

OLB -  Simmons, Weaver, Kennard, Ogbah, Jones

MLB - Schobert, Tavai, Davis, Reeves-Maybin

CB - Slay, Diggs, Coleman, Oruwariye, Ford, Agnew

FS - Walker, Fuller, Moore

SS - Harris, Wilson

K - Prater

P - Martin

LS - Muhlbach

A some what realistic, yet optimistic off-season that gets us very versatile depending on the situation. I have laid out a few defensive looks on what to expect below to give you an idea of what I would like to see.

3-4 Defense:

LDE - Hand/Daniels

NT - Harrison

RDE - Flowers

WOLB - Simmons

MLB - Schobert

MLB - Tavai

SOLB - Weaver/Kennard

CB - Slay

FS - Walker

SS - Harris

CB - Coleman/Diggs

4-3 Defense: 

LDE - Hand/Ogbah/Weaver

DT - Harrison

DT - Daniels/Hand/Phillips

RDE - Flowers

LOLB - Simmons

MLB - Schobert

ROLB - Tavai/Kennard

CB - Slay

FS - Walker

SS - Harris

CB - Coleman/Diggs

Nickel:

LDE: Weaver/Ogbah/Kennard

DT - Harrison

DT - Daniels/Hand/Phillips

RDE - Flowers

LB1 - Simmons

LB2 - Schobert

CB - Slay

Nickel CB - Coleman

FS - Walker

SS - Harris

CB - Diggs/Oruwariye

What do you guys think? Anything you would change or add? Let me know!

• Like 2

I like the trade down, and I love Simmons. Watching him play last night, the guy is simply everywhere. I'd love to trade down and add him, assuming that Brown is off the board.

Not a fan of Wagner, and I'm not sure he sticks around another year. Also, how do you see the Slay situation shaking out? I didn't see him signing a new contract in the mock: does he stick around and play nice, or holdout at the start of the season?

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I like the trade down, and I love Simmons. Watching him play last night, the guy is simply everywhere. I'd love to trade down and add him, assuming that Brown is off the board.

Not a fan of Wagner, and I'm not sure he sticks around another year. Also, how do you see the Slay situation shaking out? I didn't see him signing a new contract in the mock: does he stick around and play nice, or holdout at the start of the season?

Great points! 
As for Wagner, I feel like were stuck with him. If we cut him about half of his contract is guaranteed, so we may as well have him there to start the year and teach Crosby or at least have a competition for the RT spot.

Slay on the other hand, I feel like we've handled it so poorly that his trade value has diminished as he is now on a contract year and I doubt we pay him. So in my scenario, drafting Diggs, he can learn from Slay for a year and not get rushed into the lineups. Also, with this situation, if we do have another terrible start, we can move Slay at the deadline for something, or if we're at a competitive level, we hold onto Slay and attempt to make that playoff push. That is my scenario, but I have no clue how it will pan out.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'd love that, and I really hope so. What makes you think this?

I just think he was emotional over Diggs getting traded. I bet he'll be over it if not already. 

I also think, especially considering BQ being put on notice, that he'll absolutely still be with us this year. Hes our best player on D and I cant imagine we'd let him go unless he refused to play for us, which I dont see.

9 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I just think he was emotional over Diggs getting traded. I bet he'll be over it if not already. 

I also think, especially considering BQ being put on notice, that he'll absolutely still be with us this year. Hes our best player on D and I cant imagine we'd let him go unless he refused to play for us, which I dont see.

Interesting.

Slay held out of OTA's last year as he pushed for a new contract, but reported to training camp. There's a sense that he could holdout into training camp this year. I guess we'll see what he decides to do.

14 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If we pick Simmons at #3 we're going to have a TJ Hockenson-esque type of blowback from the fans and the league in general. 

Meh. The dude is such an elite and versatile weapon. With his ability to generate pressure, cover TEs and drop into zone, I could see him making a huge impact for this team.

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Meh. The dude is such an elite and versatile weapon. With his ability to generate pressure, cover TEs and drop into zone, I could see him making a huge impact for this team.

At #3? With Tua sitting there plus Jerry Jeudy, Derrick Brown and Jeffrey Okudah? 

3 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i like the trade down idea. i dont mind simmons at 5

^ I can't say that I would complain about this. He's not my primary pick right now but someone that I could get behind in a tradedown scenario. 

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

At #3? With Tua sitting there plus Jerry Jeudy, Derrick Brown and Jeffrey Okudah? 

^ I can't say that I would complain about this. He's not my primary pick right now but someone that I could get behind in a tradedown scenario. 

I'm at the point where I pretty much want to trade down regardless. (Unless Young is at #3 or Stafford's back puts his career into question.)

I'd much rather trade down and take Simmons, but some feel that he's up there with Brown as far as prospects go, especially if he runs a ridiculous 40 time at the combine.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway