Offseason Talk

soflbillsfan

Not sure if anyone is seeing this train wreck in Jax but the owner's son and Yan are going at it on Twitter. I know the culture is different in Buffalo and I know Yan just wants to be free and paid what he deserves. It seems like they arent getting the best compensation for him. My concern is if he would act like this if he got paid but man I feel the bills could fleece the jags right now if they were interested in getting him

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is Taylor the one with an off-field issue or injury concern? I honestly can't remember.

As for Fournette. I would have been in on him before seeing this.

Man I have such a tough thought on this guy, yes his attitude blows and he had that issue with bills fans  a couple years ago. He lacks commitment to the sport but I am not sure if its cause of his unhappiness with the organization he is with or if he is just not wanting to play. The reason I have a difficult time deciding if I want the move or not is because he caught 76 passes last year and posted 1700 total yards for the jags. I dont think he would get that many reps with the bills but dang does he have the numbers that are appealing to have on your team. A safety net for Allen on the passing game and the ability to run down field that the bills need. I just dont see a 5-7th rd pick being able to do what he did last year and he was healthy which is appealing as well. Such a tough decision but I would good with either option on whether or not they go after him or not. Wouldnt be surprised a trade happens if the bills do not have a rb on the roster after Friday nights picks.

20 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Man I have such a tough thought on this guy, yes his attitude blows and he had that issue with bills fans  a couple years ago. He lacks commitment to the sport but I am not sure if its cause of his unhappiness with the organization he is with or if he is just not wanting to play. The reason I have a difficult time deciding if I want the move or not is because he caught 76 passes last year and posted 1700 total yards for the jags. I dont think he would get that many reps with the bills but dang does he have the numbers that are appealing to have on your team. A safety net for Allen on the passing game and the ability to run down field that the bills need. I just dont see a 5-7th rd pick being able to do what he did last year and he was healthy which is appealing as well. Such a tough decision but I would good with either option on whether or not they go after him or not. Wouldnt be surprised a trade happens if the bills do not have a rb on the roster after Friday nights picks.

I wonder what the staff thinks of Yeldon. I know both Beane and McDermott praised him this offseason but that certainly could just be coaches speak.

I don’t know if Beane would feel it’s worth it to spend a mid round pick on a 1 year contract that likely only helps the team this year, and as you said, in a more reserved role over a 4 year rookie contract at the same position (potentially).

Going to be fun to keep an eye on all weekend though. 

41 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I wonder what the staff thinks of Yeldon. I know both Beane and McDermott praised him this offseason but that certainly could just be coaches speak.

I don’t know if Beane would feel it’s worth it to spend a mid round pick on a 1 year contract that likely only helps the team this year, and as you said, in a more reserved role over a 4 year rookie contract at the same position (potentially).

Going to be fun to keep an eye on all weekend though. 

Keep in mind these two are the same guys who said last year that Shady was their guy and starter for the season from April through August. So what they say you shouldnt take with a grain of salt. Rb is a need and if they can land fournette with a 5-7th rd I say do it and then focus on landing other players this year. If Fournette shows he is a guy you cant let go then you pay him a decent contract, you slap the 5th year option on him or you let him walk and hope the compensation ends up being higher then what they paid for him. I still dont get why Hyde gets no love cause he stepped up in Houston and could be a solid #2 behind Singletary and wont cost much. Drafting one is still an option but if the bills value other guys at the time they pick the back up option of going through fa or trading is not a bad back up option

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Antonio Gandy-Golden has said the Bills have made the most contact with him out of any team. Per Ryan Talbot.

Would be a really solid pickup in the 5th-6th round. Immediate redzone threat. 

If hes there that late go for it but I have a feeling he ends up in the 3-4th rd and I would hate to reach for him in a deep wr draft

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Keep in mind these two are the same guys who said last year that Shady was their guy and starter for the season from April through August. So what they say you shouldnt take with a grain of salt. Rb is a need and if they can land fournette with a 5-7th rd I say do it and then focus on landing other players this year. If Fournette shows he is a guy you cant let go then you pay him a decent contract, you slap the 5th year option on him or you let him walk and hope the compensation ends up being higher then what they paid for him. I still dont get why Hyde gets no love cause he stepped up in Houston and could be a solid #2 behind Singletary and wont cost much. Drafting one is still an option but if the bills value other guys at the time they pick the back up option of going through fa or trading is not a bad back up option

The problem is they would have to give Fournette the 5th year option now, same way the will be for White unless a long-term deal gets reached.

I think veterans like Hyde and others will get picked up after teams miss on rookies. Maybe us.

If hes there that late go for it but I have a feeling he ends up in the 3-4th rd and I would hate to reach for him in a deep wr draft

You might be right. But with how deep this class is some of these guys are going to fall. Small school guy could be a victim of that.

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The problem is they would have to give Fournette the 5th year option now, same way the will be for White unless a long-term deal gets reached.

I think veterans like Hyde and others will get picked up after teams miss on rookies. Maybe us.

Yea but you can place the 5th year its only guaranteed for injury you can cut him at any time and they wont get hurt by the option

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yea but you can place the 5th year its only guaranteed for injury you can cut him at any time and they wont get hurt by the option

Pretty risky thing to do for a guy that has had several ankle injuries in his career causing him to miss 13 games (1 for suspension) as a pro.

I wouldn't hate a trade for Fournette but I would not be in favour of picking up his option. 

48 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Pretty risky thing to do for a guy that has had several ankle injuries in his career causing him to miss 13 games (1 for suspension) as a pro.

I wouldn't hate a trade for Fournette but I would not be in favour of picking up his option. 

it definitely is but they are in that window of winning the division now while the pats and phins rebuild and jets do whatever they think they are doing. Thats why I am having a tough time trying to figure out if this would be a good or bad move to make. If fournette pans out to produce but is a headache to deal with let him walk but you atleast get an idea of what he can do for your team 

it definitely is but they are in that window of winning the division now while the pats and phins rebuild and jets do whatever they think they are doing. Thats why I am having a tough time trying to figure out if this would be a good or bad move to make. If fournette pans out to produce but is a headache to deal with let him walk but you atleast get an idea of what he can do for your team 

If we don't have anyone else by Friday night after round 3 I will be more on board but for me, Johnathan Taylor at 54 is my top choice. CEH or Akers in round 3 make more sense than Fournette too IMO.