Offseason Talk

soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Were still really thin at DE. Hughes is part prime, Murphy, Addison and Jefferson aren't locked in really long term. 

I'm wondering if Yannick Ngakoue or Everson Griffen is in play for us or are we a lock to go DE in rounds 2 or 3

I doubt Griffen just because of his age as well.

I feel like if we were in on Ngakoue that deal would have gone down already. Maybe the Jags drop the price, but for now I think we add one in round 3 or 4.

Bills did most work on Alton Robinson, Jonathan Greenard, Bradlee Anae and Kenny Willekes. I think we can get one of them at 86 or 128.

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

If we don't have anyone else by Friday night after round 3 I will be more on board but for me, Johnathan Taylor at 54 is my top choice. CEH or Akers in round 3 make more sense than Fournette too IMO.

Have we met/spoken to taylor yet? I cant see Beane drafting him without any form of communication with him and his people. From my understanding the bills were not in communication with him. Also from what I heard is he doesnt fit the style of offense the bills are trying to run, and the lack of a receiving threat hasnt been there for him at the college level which Bills are looking for. Two things that wont surprise me this weekend is 1 we dont draft a rb in the 2nd rd and 2 we do not draft dlineman at all in this draft. 

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Have we met/spoken to taylor yet? I cant see Beane drafting him without any form of communication with him and his people. From my understanding the bills were not in communication with him. Also from what I heard is he doesnt fit the style of offense the bills are trying to run, and the lack of a receiving threat hasnt been there for him at the college level which Bills are looking for. Two things that wont surprise me this weekend is 1 we dont draft a rb in the 2nd rd and 2 we do not draft dlineman at all in this draft. 

I haven't seen anything about us meeting with him. Although it has been pretty quiet from his camp too. Steelers are the only one I know for sure have talked to him

I agree about DL if we are talking interior. I'd be surprised if we didn't grab another edge player. Murphy as a 3rd is fine but we have no 4th guy really. Mike Love and Daryl Johnson are just too unknown for me to feel comfortable with them.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Were still really thin at DE. Hughes is part prime, Murphy, Addison and Jefferson aren't locked in really long term. 

I'm wondering if Yannick Ngakoue or Everson Griffen is in play for us or are we a lock to go DE in rounds 2 or 3

Griffen is the same spot as Mario and Hughes and the asking price is going to be 10+ mil. Yan is not happening, his price tag is 17 mil with a long term deal ranging from 18-20 mil. We currently have 9 legitimate guys on the roster and we kept 7-8 last year, this does not include guys like Mike Love, Woodard, and taylor as those guys are camp bodies and psquad possibilities. We have Mario Addison, Jerry Hughes, Quinton Jefferson, Daryl Johnson and Trent Murphy as said Edge guys then we have Vernon Butler, Ed Oliver, Star, and Phillips as DT. Now jefferson is a tweener and can play both inside and outside. That is 57.5 mil locked in for 2020 season only on dline. The only one expendable without messing with the young guys is Trent Murphy. Cutting Trent is the only logical thing at the moment keeping Harrison is likely happening so the real question is do they spend a high draft pick to replace Daryl Johnson who was drafted last year to play back up to the LDE position? Keep in mind the coaching staff loves daryl's potential. As much as people hope on landing one I do not see this happening this year. Maybe a day 3 flyer to compete in camp but I just dont think this will be a position they address in the draft. I think FA answered the issues they had and then next year focus on the long term answer in fa or draft when Star, Murphy, and Hughes will be on their way out.

Edited by soflbillsfan

Jags GM Caldwell made a comment after the draft 1st rd saying they did not receive any offers for Yan, think the bills could potentially try for him if they feel that he can be part of something. I know he wants out and money was an issue but the disrespect he got from the organization he is not going to sign the tag to do them favors. I think he would sign the tag for another team. Bills can offer a 2nd rd pick in 2021 for him and if he fits they can pay him if he doesnt then they can let him walk and they can land a 3rd rd pick for compensation. I doubt it happens but this is the only guy I can see right now that would be an upgrade to what the bills have on the rightside. Also you have to think Clowney's price tag is at an all time low and the bills need at LDE could be filled by him with a 1 year 13-15 mil contract while dumping Murphy to clear 8 mil. I would be more then happy to give up 5 mil more for clowney this year then keeping murphy

Edited by soflbillsfan

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Anyone see how crazy Sammy Watkins is and apparently was since the day he got drafted??? Jesus christ. 

I just read the article/novel. Is this for real? This guy is nuts! He seriously needs help, now!

Edited by Billsfaninptown

20 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Anyone see how crazy Sammy Watkins is and apparently was since the day he got drafted??? Jesus christ. 

Yea this is what happens when you have a mediocre GM. The fact that the bills went up and spent an extra 1st and a 4th to get him proves that Whaley had no clue how to do a background check and having to commit all that draft capital you should have had several conversations with the guy to get an idea of what he is about. As for Sammy he needs to get to a psychiatrist and get help for his mental issues.

At the worst case there will be fans after the election.

It's so hard to gauge the Coronavirus because now its politicized and will be used as a weapon by Democrats now. Some states will do what's necessary and some states will just spite Trump regardless of Coronavirus imo

One advantage NFL has is it will get to see the impact of other sports first.

Let’s not turn any of this into a political discussion, but rather focus on how it could affect the season/team/ticket prices etc.

Also important to remember this isn’t just an American issue but all countries with major sports teams are working through the kinks and have no fight in the American core issues. 

No fans in the stands is a reality right now.