Offseason Talk

soflbillsfan

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I still know it is a long shot but the bills still have 20 mil in cap before any cuts. I really wish they went and got Clowney on a 1 year 15 mil deal as it seems like the only real team interested in him is Seattle and even they do not want to pay him to much. If they cut Murphy and sign Clowney it is only a 7 mil difference that still puts the bills at 13 mil plus other cuts like Lee Smith and Hauschka as both seem to be on the bubble. It would be able to get an idea of what he can do in McDermotts defense and could be a long term piece if he works out. Plus he may like the idea since the bills defense has been solid with him at coach. As days go on more and more teams seem to not be interested such as Tennessee and Cleveland. I think Vegas is interested but who knows what they want. He has way more potential then what Murphy has to offer, and murphy looks like he is on the bubble. Espenesa isn't a lock to start so why not try him out for a year and if he stinks then you move on if he plays to the #1 pick potential then you can lock him up long term as Hughes and addison wont be there beyond 2021 season. Which means one less position to worry about when 2021 offseason starts.

I am guessing the main reason Buffalo and no other team has signed him yet is because of his injury concern. If team Dr's could get a look at him I think someone will sign him.

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am guessing the main reason Buffalo and no other team has signed him yet is because of his injury concern. If team Dr's could get a look at him I think someone will sign him.

thing is players have met with team doctors or third party doctors for other players dont see why he hasnt been one of them. Unless he has a disclosed injury that he doesnt want out I do not see how this is an issue right now. I believe he is a 100% now. Look at Gronk he took his physical mid pandemic and managed to get traded so why is the Dr thing an issue for clowney? You could be right but I just dont get why that is an issue now like it was a few months ago

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

thing is players have met with team doctors or third party doctors for other players dont see why he hasnt been one of them. Unless he has a disclosed injury that he doesnt want out I do not see how this is an issue right now. I believe he is a 100% now. Look at Gronk he took his physical mid pandemic and managed to get traded so why is the Dr thing an issue for clowney? You could be right but I just dont get why that is an issue now like it was a few months ago

I think he is hiding something. Or at the very least he and his agent know no one will sign him to big money because of his injury concerns and his demands are crazy for a guy who's never hit 10 sacks.

14 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Does Tre'Davious White get 60+ million guaranteed ? First CB to cross that threshold 

I dont think 60 is necessary I think him hitting the 55 mil would be expected unless guys like ramsey get their deal done first or the deal is for more then 5 years, such as a 6 year deal. Either way this is a guy that needs to get extended sooner rather then later simply because the price will likely jump by next offseason when someone hits the open market.

Yannick is now saying that he is willing to play out his franchise tag for the year if he is traded. Jags have given him permission recently to speak to teams about a long term deal however they aren't willing to move him. My guess is the jags have yet to receive the right compensation to get him. Do you think the bills should explore this option or wait it out and look to add a younger pass rusher in 2021 offseason? They do have 20 mil in cap space after all of the rookie signings, and players will likely get cut so they do have the funds if they want to look at someone like this just dont know what it would take to trade for him.

14 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Does Tre'Davious White get 60+ million guaranteed ? First CB to cross that threshold 

I think it depends when he signs. He likely wants to be here long-term but he knows he could really set the market if he signs after a few guys who are due soon too. 

17 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

7 guys may not even get their chance to make a roster after being UDFA 

I get it though even if they kept it at 90 most of the guys are not going to show off what they can do. At this point you need to focus solely on the season now and get the 53 men ready for week 1. Less time to figure out the psquad and the bubble players and more time on the starting unit to be ready for live games. I think they need to allow 60 player rosters this year though but I doubt it. Some how things have to change with IR too, what happens if a team gets an outbreak and like 5-6 guys get the virus does that limit the roster in anyway? Those guys will be out for at least 2-3 games so what happens to that team if it happens can they bring in others without them going on IR? There are still so many questions on how they are going to handle in season issues like this.

On 7/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, soflbillsfan said:

I get it though even if they kept it at 90 most of the guys are not going to show off what they can do. At this point you need to focus solely on the season now and get the 53 men ready for week 1. Less time to figure out the psquad and the bubble players and more time on the starting unit to be ready for live games. I think they need to allow 60 player rosters this year though but I doubt it. Some how things have to change with IR too, what happens if a team gets an outbreak and like 5-6 guys get the virus does that limit the roster in anyway? Those guys will be out for at least 2-3 games so what happens to that team if it happens can they bring in others without them going on IR? There are still so many questions on how they are going to handle in season issues like this.

Good thing we’re aren’t trying to figure out the OL like last year. 

Offense is basically returning 11 starters and adding Diggs to the mix. Defense has new faces but all guys that have played in this system before. Really ideal.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Good thing we’re aren’t trying to figure out the OL like last year. 

Offense is basically returning 11 starters and adding Diggs to the mix. Defense has new faces but all guys that have played in this system before. Really ideal.

Well I read somewhere the bills have the most returning starters then any other team it was 88% returning and kc was next with 85%. Honestly the two that may struggle early on offense because of being new additions but once they gel I think that would be a solid offense if allen can be more accurate and daboll makes the right calls. Now with not having preseason I would like to hear and see how diggs is coming along and with Williams can beat out ford and Ty at RT. 

Unfortunately I think Murphy is going to luck  out and stay because of this but they need to restructure cause his cap hit is way to high and they are talking about a 40 mil cut across the board for salary cap next year. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

• 4 weeks later...

So the Bills name for the stadium is temporary and normally I would not discuss stuff like this but I found it interesting that David Portnoy aka Barstool Sports has tweeted out that he has been in contact with the Bills organization about Stadium Name Rights. This to me is a controversial thing as it is known that he and Barstool Sports are not only Boston Fans (Patriot fans) but also have caused huge issues with the NFL execs including Goodell. So is this the right move for the Bills to let happen by calling it Barstool Sports Stadium or is this going to be a disaster? I know Portnoy is a clown but I feel like he is a smart calculated business man that could be beneficial in a sense but would also be a clown to show up to the stadium wearing pats gear while sitting in a suite he would likely have for Barstool Sports

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

So the Bills name for the stadium is temporary and normally I would not discuss stuff like this but I found it interesting that David Portnoy aka Barstool Sports has tweeted out that he has been in contact with the Bills organization about Stadium Name Rights. This to me is a controversial thing as it is known that he and Barstool Sports are not only Boston Fans (Patriot fans) but also have caused huge issues with the NFL execs including Goodell. So is this the right move for the Bills to let happen by calling it Barstool Sports Stadium or is this going to be a disaster? I know Portnoy is a clown but I feel like he is a smart calculated business man that could be beneficial in a sense but would also be a clown to show up to the stadium wearing pats gear while sitting in a suite he would likely have for Barstool Sports

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2020/08/why-barstool-sports-is-unlikely-to-get-buffalo-bills-stadium-naming-rights.html

It will never pass county or state approval.

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I saw that article but to me Talbot is reaching here. I get it a bidet and toilet bowl is a knock on the county/city for that purpose but Barstool Sports is a reputable company. Granted it comes together with a bunch of fools but they still are reputable. It is not like its going to be called Tushy stadium or something of that sort it would likely be Barstool Stadium which isn't about drinking, illicit drugs or anything like that. Also 12 mil that is garbage money if they were serious and the offer was significant I could definitely see the county looking the other way as the money can help the stadium and the people around it. I am sure it is some marketing stunt but it wouldn't be shocking if they truly do it. Portnoy can be a "unique" person (dont want to put in unnecessary words but people may get it) if it involves stroking his ego he will do it and it will benefit his company by branding. Not many companies can say they have the rights to a stadium so in that sense I could see him doing it just to brag about it. Barstool Sports is getting bigger and bigger while adding more and more to the company, they just brough Deion Sanders in to talk NFL on podcasts and they have other atheletes soon to be in the mix. It may be a changing of the guard in a sense where espn, fox sports, and nfl network are not the only ones doing football stuff now. My only reservations are a New England based company coming in to a rival team and putting their name on it. Also Goodell over the past couple of years has been openly talkative about the bills having to get a new stadium, will the pegulas slap him in the face by going with a company who has been publicly open about disliking goodell. So would that cause more issues for the bills. The name itself and bringing embarrassment to the county isnt comparable to tushy and toilet bowl. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I saw that article but to me Talbot is reaching here. I get it a bidet and toilet bowl is a knock on the county/city for that purpose but Barstool Sports is a reputable company. Granted it comes together with a bunch of fools but they still are reputable. It is not like its going to be called Tushy stadium or something of that sort it would likely be Barstool Stadium which isn't about drinking, illicit drugs or anything like that. Also 12 mil that is garbage money if they were serious and the offer was significant I could definitely see the county looking the other way as the money can help the stadium and the people around it. I am sure it is some marketing stunt but it wouldn't be shocking if they truly do it. Portnoy can be a "unique" person (dont want to put in unnecessary words but people may get it) if it involves stroking his ego he will do it and it will benefit his company by branding. Not many companies can say they have the rights to a stadium so in that sense I could see him doing it just to brag about it. Barstool Sports is getting bigger and bigger while adding more and more to the company, they just brough Deion Sanders in to talk NFL on podcasts and they have other atheletes soon to be in the mix. It may be a changing of the guard in a sense where espn, fox sports, and nfl network are not the only ones doing football stuff now. My only reservations are a New England based company coming in to a rival team and putting their name on it. Also Goodell over the past couple of years has been openly talkative about the bills having to get a new stadium, will the pegulas slap him in the face by going with a company who has been publicly open about disliking goodell. So would that cause more issues for the bills. The name itself and bringing embarrassment to the county isnt comparable to tushy and toilet bowl. 

It’s not Talbot reaching, it’s a direct quote from  Mark Poloncarz. The State and the County will not want to be associated with Barstool and their affiliates.

I would be shocked if the Bills even entertained the idea.