James Franklin Sued Over Hazing

winitall

There are some disturbing things already leaking out about this, especially the references to a specific ex-coach.  Folks at PSU should realize the gravity of this situation and put Franklin on administrative leave pending the results of this, and should absolutely be preparing to move on from him at the same time.  

As always, I would like to remind everyone that this is one of those threads where we need to be mindful of the rules and keep these discussions related to football, so please tread carefully around this topic.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There are some disturbing things already leaking out about this, especially the references to a specific ex-coach.  Folks at PSU should realize the gravity of this situation and put Franklin on administrative leave pending the results of this, and should absolutely be preparing to move on from him at the same time.  

As always, I would like to remind everyone that this is one of those threads where we need to be mindful of the rules and keep these discussions related to football, so please tread carefully around this topic.   

I fully expect PSU fans to stand on the same moral highground with Franklin as they did with Urban Meyer last year. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

These mofos really don’t learn. 

death penalty for the program.

Like hazing doesn't happen in multiple other places across the country.

Death penalty is not happening at all. James Franklin might get suspended for as much as 1 season, but I'd be shocked if anything more happens than that. Honestly my expectation is a 4 game suspension to Franklin.

I think the fact that these individuals seem to be making jokes out of the Sandusky matter is absolutely abhorent. This isn't the kind of thing that should be permitted at all, but lets get off the high horse here, because various kinds of hazing happens everywhere.

Edited by Danger

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2020/01/penn-state-responds-to-lawsuit-filed-by-ex-player-that-claims-harassment-hazing-within-the-football-program.html

Here is Penn State’s full statement:

“The University has established processes in place for responding to claims of potential misconduct. In accordance with our processes, the Office of Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response and the Office of Student Conduct carried out investigations of the plaintiff’s claims independent from Intercollegiate Athletics. In addition, Penn State police investigated related allegations and forwarded the results of that investigation to the Office of the Centre County District Attorney (DA). The DA reviewed the case and decided that no charges would be pursued.”

Additionally, Parsons and Luketa were two of the three listed as hazing under classmen, yet both Humphries and Parsons and Luketa were part of the same class. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but there's a lot of things that are likely being exaggerated and overblown by the media and just a gut response from most. 

It's more tasteless bullying than it is your traditional view of hazing. The Richie Incognito thing was worse than this honestly. This was just disgraceful because the players apparently referenced Sandusky. (Who knows if that's true, won't deny it, but let's not just assume that it is yet, if it is true, more will come out)

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1