winitall

James Franklin Sued Over Hazing

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Like hazing doesn't happen in multiple other places across the country.

Death penalty is not happening at all. James Franklin might get suspended for as much as 1 season, but I'd be shocked if anything more happens than that. Honestly my expectation is a 4 game suspension to Franklin.

I think the fact that these individuals seem to be making jokes out of the Sandusky matter is absolutely abhorent. This isn't the kind of thing that should be permitted at all, but lets get off the high horse here, because various kinds of hazing happens everywhere.

hazing does happen all over the place but literally the last two places this kind of stuff needs to happen at is PSU and Baylor because of the past and that they are truly trying to recover from those incidents.

23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I fully expect PSU fans to stand on the same moral highground with Franklin as they did with Urban Meyer last year. 

19 hours ago, Danger said:

Death penalty is not happening at all. James Franklin might get suspended for as much as 1 season, but I'd be shocked if anything more happens than that. Honestly my expectation is a 4 game suspension to Franklin.

I think the fact that these individuals seem to be making jokes out of the Sandusky matter is absolutely abhorent. This isn't the kind of thing that should be permitted at all, but lets get off the high horse here, because various kinds of hazing happens everywhere.

19 hours ago, Danger said:

Additionally, Parsons and Luketa were two of the three listed as hazing under classmen, yet both Humphries and Parsons and Luketa were part of the same class. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but there's a lot of things that are likely being exaggerated and overblown by the media and just a gut response from most. 

It's more tasteless bullying than it is your traditional view of hazing. The Richie Incognito thing was worse than this honestly. This was just disgraceful because the players apparently referenced Sandusky. (Who knows if that's true, won't deny it, but let's not just assume that it is yet, if it is true, more will come out)

source.gif

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not standing on any moral highground. But it's hilarious to me that you just love to act like this doesn't happen everywhere. What they all did was terrible, but the reaction from some of the people in this thread is just laughable.

Hazing is far less of a crime than beating women. Neither Meyer nor Franklin were guilty, but both knew about what transpired supposedly. Parsons and Luketa should be suspended for their part in what happened. 

Edited by Danger

Just now, Danger said:

I'm not standing on any moral highground. But it's hilarious to me that you just love to act like this doesn't happen everywhere. What they all did was terrible, but the reaction from some of the people in this thread is just laughable.

Brushing it off by saying "it happens everywhere" in light of James Franklin's past absolutely makes it worse, especially the name that was mentioned as a part of the hazing.

So long as the NCAA doesn't overstep their bounds again and remains consistent with the punishment that Urban got. (3 game suspension) that's all I ask. They set the precedent.

also, I'm the only Penn State fan that's consistently here lol

This is a really bad look. You don't normally see someone naming names like that.

Hopefully it gets resolved quickly as an overblown beef. But man, of all places. 🤦🏼‍♂️

This university has proven already that they deserve the Death Penalty. It's disgusting how they still have fans supporting the atrocities committed there and there continues to be vile and abhorrent activity under the guise of a football program. How anyone with a sliver of morality could support this team is beyond me, but it's clear the NCAA must step in and shut them down.

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This university has proven already that they deserve the Death Penalty. It's disgusting how they still have fans supporting the atrocities committed there and there continues to be vile and abhorrent activity under the guise of a football program. How anyone with a sliver of morality could support this team is beyond me, but it's clear the NCAA must step in and shut them down.

And it's these kinds of hot takes that are laughable to me. 

This happens at any other university and this is forgotten in 3 days.

Keep in mind that every single person involved in the prior regime was fired and jailed/died.

Edited by Danger

21 hours ago, Danger said:

Translation: "Like child sexual abuse doesn't happen in multiple other places across the country".

I hope you took a shower after typing that, because I sure feel slimey after reading it. The two words I would use to summarize your post are "disgusting" and "pathetic". There's more to life than a football team. For gods sake man, this is WRONG.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Translation: "Like child sexual abuse doesn't happen in multiple other places across the country".

I hope you took a shower after typing that, because I sure feel slimey after reading it. The two words I would use to summarize your post are "disgusting" and "pathetic". There's more to life than a football team. For gods sake man, this is WRONG.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Keep in mind that every single person involved in the prior regime was fired and jailed/died.

Everyone who was responsible for the horrible things you're referring to is gone. So you're really going to hold the people currently there to different standards than those at any other university? 

If you want to say Franklin should be gone because of his history then I won't even argue that opinion with you. If you want to say that the players who hazed should be suspended or removed from the team, I understand that. But to suggest the death penalty is an absolute joke.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

also, I'm the only Penn State fan that's consistently here lol

well yeah cause the other fans know what is taking place is pretty bad, while you are brushing it off.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

So long as the NCAA doesn't overstep their bounds again and remains consistent with the punishment that Urban got. (3 game suspension) that's all I ask. They set the precedent.

the ncaa didnt punish Urban. That was the school that did. What happen with tOSU, pretty sure never involved anything with the NCAA.. With PSU, you have an incident involving players and coaches. NCAA is def getting involved.