QB D'Eriq King transferring to Miami

Texansfan713

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

shut up dummy.  if you actually know behind the scenes stuff you would know it wasn't dana's decision to sit him out.  like i said dana used to the redshirt rule to his advantage with the other players he redshirted.  you will see that this upcoming seen so quit acting like you know what the hell you talking about because you clearly don't.

This is a formal warning. For having a coach named Dana.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Why did he RS and stay with Houston when he could’ve transferred and gotten an entire season of learning his next team’s new system while he RS? This never made any sense from jump.  

https://gocoogs.com/deriq-king-transfer-portal/?fbclid=IwAR21fD-fgr-oHBgku79jAae4pUSycBVh2zgGy4mc_tKHMz0EcQ-K2wjDIcE

3. Now that King has decided to leave, GoCoogs can reveal information we’ve known since that time: the “plan” to redshirt King did not originate with Dana Holgorsen nor was it first discussed on the day after the Tulane game. The plan originated with Eric King himself.

According to two sources, Eric King contacted UH AD Chris Pezman in the days before the Tulane game to inform him that if UH lost to Tulane, D’Eriq would “shut it down” and redshirt the rest of the season. One of our sources insisted we not release the info unless King decided to enter the portal.

The stunning, last-second loss to Tulane dropped the UH record to 1-3. When the redshirt plan was revealed, Holgorsen said he met with D’Eriq the day after Tulane to discuss redshirting and that he came up with the plan himself.

Edited by Texansfan713

ESPN listed Arkansas as a possible destination due to the Briles connection but not getting my hopes up if LSU or OU come calling.

Also hosting Franks this weekend but Leach is interested in him so curious to see if he goes to Mississippi State too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

ESPN listed Arkansas as a possible destination due to the Briles connection but not getting my hopes up if LSU or OU come calling.

Also hosting Franks this weekend but Leach is interested in him so curious to see if he goes to Mississippi State too. 

Arkansas seems like a more lateral move at this point, especially under a first year head coach.  I have a feeling a much bigger program is going to come calling. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:06 PM, malibuspeedrace said:

Did you happen to make any quotes saying it will never happen?

or did you learn your lesson w/ Herman

He never did uphold his end of the promise, right?

Ah, we shouldn't be surprised, anyone who roots for a Houston team is already declaring to everyone else they have no integrity. 

On 15.1.2020 at 3:15 AM, Texansfan713 said:

king struggled this season because he had to make multiple reads in dana's offense.  i would go to arkansas if i was him since he thrived in briles system. i dont think he would thrive in any other system honestly.

he is a gimmick offense QB. He should go to Oregon and be Moorhead's McSorley

• Like 1

Seems like Miami, Maryland and Ole Miss are the early front runners for King.

Arkansas is expecting Feleipe Franks to enroll today since it's the last day to enroll for the spring semester so he can go through spring ball, really can't afford to wait on King and possibly end up with neither one. And of course we aren't going to take two senior QBs. Not that there's even been confirmation he's interested in us regardless except for media speculation.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Tate and Perry too right?

perry might not. out of the 3, he seems the happiest at miami and may do his time as a backup then grad transfer for PT. tate is a weird one because i'm not really sure what his eligibility looks like and if he has to sit out a year, idk. if we're being real i think he's best served by sticking at miami and switching to WR if he wants to get to the NFL, but we'll see. williams is definitely the most likely to transfer in my estimation

25 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

perry might not. out of the 3, he seems the happiest at miami and may do his time as a backup then grad transfer for PT. tate is a weird one because i'm not really sure what his eligibility looks like and if he has to sit out a year, idk. if we're being real i think he's best served by sticking at miami and switching to WR if he wants to get to the NFL, but we'll see. williams is definitely the most likely to transfer in my estimation

If everything that comes of this is that Tate has to switch to wide receiver I would be pretty happy. I am still salty that he got an immediate waiver transfer and Brock Hoffman did not