NateDawg

Stefanski  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Good hire?

• Love it
    • Like it but liked others better
    • :(
    • Hate it

" ... the marriage of the run and pass game is so important... and I come at it from the angle as a defensive player (back in college a long time ago)... I know what it feels like when the run looks like the pass and the pass looks like the run... and I just think there's beauty in that... and that's part of what we' put in a scheme that ultimately is hard to defend." -- Kevin Stefanski

This offense will force Baker to work on his footwork and tighten it up. He also has to work on his tell that he gives by placing his footback a little further than usual when it's going to be a run play. To make the run look like the pass and the pass look like the run takes attention to minute details and quick and efficient footwork and eyes...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 4:12 PM, Mind Character said:

" ... the marriage of the run and pass game is so important... and I come at it from the angle as a defensive player (back in college a long time ago)... I know what it feels like when the run looks like the pass and the pass looks like the run... and I just think there's beauty in that... and that's part of what we' put in a scheme that ultimately is hard to defend." -- Kevin Stefanski

This offense will force Baker to work on his footwork and tighten it up. He also has to work on his tell that he gives by placing his footback a little further than usual when it's going to be a run play. To make the run look like the pass and the pass look like the run takes attention to minute details and quick and efficient footwork and eyes...

Was pretty neutral on the Freddie hire--was dreaming of @underappreciatedDabo coming to Cleveland or Lincoln Riley--though hoped for the best. This feels different, methodical, stable, even despite Jimmy. Have a feeling this is the hire that sticks. Didn't see that coming really, but...the intuition says yes.

• Like 1

I hope he is great and with us 20 plus years.

his inexperience scares me though.  I would have felt much better if the coordinators were Kubiak and Schwartz.

Sadly that’s not happening.  Kubiak stayed in Minnie and though I don’t think it’s official yet I think Schwartz stays with Philly.

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Was pretty neutral on the Freddie hire--was dreaming of @underappreciatedDabo coming to Cleveland or Lincoln Riley--though hoped for the best. This feels different, methodical, stable, even despite Jimmy. Have a feeling this is the hire that sticks. Didn't see that coming really, but...the intuition says yes.

I want to believe that too, but fool me once..

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I hope he is great and with us 20 plus years.

his inexperience scares me though.  I would have felt much better if the coordinators were Kubiak and Schwartz.

Sadly that’s not happening.  Kubiak stayed in Minnie and though I don’t think it’s official yet I think Schwartz stays with Philly.

Would have absolute loved Schwartz and Kubiak. Wanted Schwartz as HC as well but happy with how things are going in the hirings.