OBJ hands out fake cash after game: I guess he's trying to make a point/Also charged with Simple Assault for a butt slap

HDsportsfan

4 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

The code of amateurism in college sports was coined by Walter Byers (The first NCAA president) - Byers would later go onto write a book “Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Exploiting College Athletes”, in which he tears down everything he had spent his life building, in particular, Byers examines how the code of amateurism couldn’t possibly exist in the economic climate of college athletics today. 

Not the place for this argument, but hiding behind “amateurism” in defense of the NCAA is the most ridiculous and obsolete take you could have on the matter IMO.

Exactly. These rules and bylaws in place were instituted in a time where NCAA weren’t making billions or even millions probably. The amateurs argument is as lazy as it gets. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Odell is overrated and I never wanted him anywhere near my team. Was always #2 diva next to Brown. Now his divaness is coming out cause he’s comfortable in Cleveland. 

This wasn’t all that bad but it will get worse. It’s always about Odell. 

Is this sarcasm? 

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No. Odell has always been a major diva. 

He’s a diva, I agree. But acting as if that matters or is detrimental is laughable when there are diva WRs all over the league. Difference is, Odell is easily the most popular player in nfl and everything he does is magnified. 

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

He’s a diva, I agree. But acting as if that matters or is detrimental is laughable when there are diva WRs all over the league. Difference is, Odell is easily the most popular player in nfl and everything he does is magnified. 

Odell is not more popular than Mahomes, Jackson, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and I doubt he’s even more popular than his own QB. Odell was only 15th in jersey sales this season. Baker was 4th. Odell also was not even in the Top 20 Google Searched Players during the season. 

He was popular in a big market. Giant fans aren’t use to having good players on their team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gmen said:

OBJ will be where ever he can get the most attention. That's why he wants out of Cleveland.

That's why the giants sent him to Cleveland and not San Francisco

They were mad about the josina Anderson interview where he said he liked warm weather 

No matter, giants potentially could have had NICK ****ING BOSA with a pick swap but they didn't even sit down at the negotiating table with the niners. So, joke's on them. 

How's that Dave gettleman rebuild coming along? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I get and understand this point. But the guys getting 4 year full rides, I don't think need or should be compensated. 

Considering the amount of money they bring to their schools and the NCAA in general giving them free tuition is nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

have you seen the LSU locker room? Its absolutely absurd. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/lsu-football-new-locker-room-college-football-2019-7

I’m not disputing that they get some pretty nice perks. But for most of these players, the ones that aren’t going to have sustained careers of making millions in the NFL, I’m sure they would rather just be paid an amount that is fair for what they are helping bring into their school revenue wise than they would be getting some insanely cool sleep pod for 4-years.