OBJ hands out fake cash after game: I guess he's trying to make a point/Also charged with Simple Assault for a butt slap

HDsportsfan

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If it wasn't caught on camera, it wouldn't be what it is now. If it wasnt OBJ, it wouldn't be what it is now. That's the point,if a story doesn't exist around OBJ, they will make one. He gave them one here. It's not a big deal unless people make it a big deal and with OBJ, they will make it a big deal. 

It's a big deal because of all the negative already surrounding him and there is irrefutable proof it did happen.

I agree with most of your comment. It wouldnt be THAT big of a deal. I still think charges wouldve been pressed but it wouldnt have been as polarized. 

This was dumb. It doesnt matter to me that it was OBJ. BSRF, if it were you and I'd heard about it, I would've thought you were an idiot for your actions. Why put yourself in that position because of such immaturity?

Now, as far as punishment by the league...idk that I believe that is a necessary step. But somebody needs to get in his ear and tell him to chill and let things quiet down for a while.

24 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

This is a load of crap imo. Yeah because everyone is looking for a payout. Did that officer give OBJ permission to touch him? Clearly not. Maybe the motives are increased by the fact OBJ is famous, but the reason OBJ is in this situation is because he is an idiot. What he did was wrong, any other notion is an excuse 

No he didn’t give permission to touch him. OBJ went overboard and got little to excited. But let’s be honest charges are being filed because of who he is. Hence a reason why it’s these charges were not filed immediately. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

No he didn’t give permission to touch him. OBJ went overboard and got little to excited. But let’s be honest charges are being filed because of who he is. Hence a reason why it’s these charges were not filed immediately. 

I dont necessarily agree with you but I understand your feelings. 

I do feel it's because he is that it's a man talking point in media right now.

Edit: also Kip, I apologize I didnt mean to come off disrespectful in my previous post.

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

I dont necessarily agree with you but I understand your feelings. 

I do feel it's because he is that it's a man talking point in media right now.

And you can see in the video that the cop in the moment didn’t take much offence to it. Immature, yes. But I’m not gonna go overboard. He wasn’t malicious and aggressive to me, it was done with playful intent. 

55 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

And you can see in the video that the cop in the moment didn’t take much offence to it. Immature, yes. But I’m not gonna go overboard. He wasn’t malicious and aggressive to me, it was done with playful intent. 

Doesn’t this sound awfully similar to whenever someone whitewashes sexual harassment in the workplace? Regardless of the cop’s intentions, you don’t have the right to slap a stranger on the butt.

• Like 1