Raiders fire DLC Brenston Buckner, officially hire Rod Marinelli as DLC and Austin King as OQC

RaidersAreOne

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I liked Buckner, but this is an upgrade. Marinelli is one of the best DC's in the business. He knows Gruden and is a fail safe if Guenther doesn't pull things together. Maybe can help Guenther with scheme even. Further, well respected by players in Dallas where a number of FA's are coming off that defense. 

I'm with you BP. Buckner seemed like a cool guy and did help progress our line. But Rod is a home run get for our DL group. I expect a big leap out of our guys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not going to act like I know much about this but I have my reservations when it comes to Gruden making moves on the defensive side with coaches.  Especially ones that where doing a good job the prior year.

Byron Jones. Robert Quinn. Maliek Collins.

55 minutes ago, Geezy said:

If you take the emotion out of it, this is an upgrade. Sucks for Buck, but this is a W

Exactly. Rod Marinelli is a great teacher on the Dline. He's a great DC if called to the job. He has a lot of respect and connections. He will be instrumental landing the Raiders a key free agent off the Cowboys defense.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not know much about Collins, Jones is great but big money, and I would rather not spend on Quinn.  I would rather pay Mayowa a 3rd of what Quinn is going to get.

I don’t think we’re all that big on Mayowa the way his snaps dwindled as the season went on even when he was getting to the QB. Dion Jordan will be brought back imo