Raiders fire DLC Brenston Buckner, officially hire Rod Marinelli as DLC and Austin King as OQC

RaidersAreOne

Rod has been one of my favorite Dline coaches for a long time. Not a bad DC and usually gets promoted so he could be our next DC, but hopefully all units upgrade and our D's so good for years that he gets promoted because PG got a HC job. I see this as a Win/Win for Buck too. Yes he got fired but because of a serious upgrade, not because a bad job so he should get another job ASAP. 13 to 32 sacks is big improvement, but had we got 50+ he wouldn't have been replaced. Rod can do that. Yes Rod knows the Dallas FA's but maybe we stay away because they're not worth an overpay. LB Lee as a cheap vet. Collins, Jones and Quinn are probably too much but if Quinn hasn't signed after two weeks I'd bet we could get him because of Rod at a cheaper price than FA weekend. Lots of pass rushers in this FA so after the first feast there might be some bargains to pair with our young guys. I really like this hire and think Buck will be fine.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly. Rod Marinelli is a great teacher on the Dline. He's a great DC if called to the job. He has a lot of respect and connections. He will be instrumental landing the Raiders a key free agent off the Cowboys defense.

This is another reason why I love this signing.

PG can be and maybe will be replaced at a moment’s notice but most importantly we can entice and purge other players and coaches. Well respected and great at his job this is a great way to start off the offseason.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

No one is safe not even captain checkdown

Not even Gruden. If he tanks they might invite him for a private tour of the El Cortez and...Oh wait those types don't run Vegas no more...or do they?!?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Shows the mentality of Gruden. Can't trust what he says to the media

15 hours ago, raidr4life said:

The Gruden double talk begins, still think Carr is safe?

Did any if you guys watch the presser where he said this? He was asked if there would be any staffing changes right after he was asked if he would bring his brother on board. His answer was 'the plan is to keep the current staff in place BUT we will see what happens."

You guys are ridiculous with this.

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Did any if you guys watch the presser where he said this? He was asked if there would be any staffing changes right after he was asked if he would bring his brother on board. His answer was 'the plan is to keep the current staff in place BUT we will see what happens."

HBCkuL.gif

10 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Did any if you guys watch the presser where he said this? He was asked if Jay Gruden would be coming on board. His answer was the plan is to keep the current staff in place BUT we will see what happens.

Imagine believing every executive tells the media exactly what they will do. What a world we live in

• Like 1