Joe Brady to the Carolina Panthers

Oregon Ducks

Yeah I thought Brady signed a deal to stay at LSU days ago. With that being said, he deserves to get the opportunity to be the full-time OC especially in the NFL because I can see in a year or two him being offered a HC job in the NFL to be like the next McVay, Payton, or Shanny in terms of offensive genius. If Im Carolina I would go try and get Burrow now. If not then they could get Tua or Herbert. Carolina has now become very very interesting. They still havent even left out the option of bringing Cam back. A healthy Cam in Brady offense with CMC, Samuel, and Moore. 

As for where LSU goes from here I think they still will be in the hunt for the playoffs. The only hurdle LSU has every year is beating Bama because we know if they do then they are literally playing for a national championship. The last two times they beat Bama they were in the national game. The question is, without Brady can they still score enough points to beat Bama? We shall see moving forward but I feel like having the Burrow and Brady experience together for just one season to have an historical season like its worth it even if moving forward its uncertainty again about the offense. 

Edited by stl4life07

The deal was just to raise his buyout, it was to combat against other college teams trying to poach him, basically. 

Hope Ensminger learned a lot from him! Or whoever we hire as a replacement, because Ensminger still never wanted to be OC. Ensminger still called around 2/3rds of the plays so not AS worried on that front (still worried though) but he's gotta continue to teach and run the offense. 

Regardless, saw someone on Twitter who put it well. Having Joe Brady for one year was like having a one night stand with your dream woman, you can't even be mad that you don't get any more. I'd wish him well but I'm a Saints fan so uhh... I hope he does good enough to get a HC job soon so he can move elsewhere but not good enough to make the Panthers win the division any time soon. 

And I'll never forget this season he helped bring :) 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I thought Brady signed a deal to stay at LSU days ago. With that being said, he deserves to get the opportunity to be the full-time OC especially in the NFL because I can see in a year or two him being offered a HC job in the NFL to be like the next McVay, Payton, or Shanny in terms of offensive genius. If Im Carolina I would go try and get Burrow now. If not then they could get Tua or Herbert. Carolina has now become very very interesting. They still havent even left out the option of bringing Cam back. A healthy Cam in Brady offense with CMC, Samuel, and Moore. 

As for where LSU goes from here I think they still will be in the hunt for the playoffs. The only hurdle LSU has every year is beating Bama because we know if they do then they are literally playing for a national championship. The last two times they beat Bama they were in the national game. The question is, without Brady can they still score enough points to beat Bama? We shall see moving forward but I feel like having the Burrow and Brady experience together for just one season to have an historical season like its worth it even if moving forward its uncertainty again about the offense. 

Brady signed a new three year deal with LSU a few days ago, which protected him from taking lateral promotions within college, but not college head coaching positions or NFL jobs.  The concern was always that the NFL would come calling, and they did just that.  

I do not think the Bengals will be accepting offers for Burrow.  They need him in the worst way, and it would be foolish to pass on that kind of talent.  And the Panthers would be giving up 2-3 years of high draft picks to make a theoretical move, and they are not just a QB away, especially after Keuchly's retirement announcement a few minutes ago.  

Todd Monken may not be retained by the Browns, and he could be a name to watch in the college ranks, as he's been tied to openings at Notre Dame and UGA.