Is Patrick Mahomes the new face of the NFL?

Danger

44 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

2? I'd say 3 other than Mahomes

I'm not very high on Josh Allen. But Dak, Lamar, and Watson are all good QBs.

It's too early to tell for Baker, Lock, Jones. But for now... it is the future.

What has Dak proven? Monster OL and RB and faced like the 8 worst pass defenses in the NFL. Against real teams like the Saints, Packers, Bills, etc he completely and utterly crumbled. He didn’t perform well against one good team this year. Only the Vikings, which he still lost. Defensive matchups matter. Eagles, Giants, Redskins all had Bottom 7 secondarys this year, and Miami had the worst secondary in the league in the first half of the season. People really need to start looking at substance. 

I think Dak is not a terrible QB, not at all, but he’s right smack in the middle of the pack for QBs in the 14-17 range.  

Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Lamar, Wentz, Ryan, Jimmy, Big Ben, Stafford, Watson, Cousins are all better than Dak Prescott. 

Before you say Jimmy/Kirk are not, where is the evidence supporting this? Jimmy faced one of the toughest DVoA Defensive schedules this year while Dak faced one of the easiest in NFL History. And there stats are quite similar. Not to mention Jimmy doesn’t have Zeke, doesn’t have that OL, and doesn’t have a #1 WR. He didn’t even have a #2 WR until they traded for Sanders. 

Kirk Cousins had a great season also that is quite similar against better defenses, terrible line but better weapons, and beat the Saints on the road and almost beat the Seahawks on the road. Dak looked terrible against every good team he played this season. All of them. That’s been the story of his career actually. 

Once again, I like Dak, good personality, good QB, but he’s middle of the pack and this is the only place the internet that hypes him up this much. No where else does this. 

Edited by BayRaider

No! No! I'll not let this pass!

As long as Truth.....Beauty......Integrity.......Probity.......Honor.......Morality and--- yes, yes, I'm going to say it, even LOVE- still hold sway over the National Football League, surely the Face of that league must be (wait for it!)

ODELL BECKHAM, jr.!

Image result for Odell Beckham

- I rest my case!

14 hours ago, HolmesPriest said:

Yes. Even people who don't like the Chiefs, seem to like Mahomes. I've been seeing it more and more. Maybe he can run for President or Emperor of New America :D 

It doesnt hurt that he is a Texas boy and we are obsessed with supporting our own.

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Mahomes is the most talented QB ever physically. Easily the best Quarterback in the league by a mile. 

Rodgers, Brees, Watson and Wilson round out my top 5. 

After that everyone else is either still young, inconsistent or not a good passer. 

Brett Favre and Mike Vick say hello

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:
13 hours ago, wwhickok said:

2? I'd say 3 other than Mahomes

I'm not very high on Josh Allen. But Dak, Lamar, and Watson are all good QBs.

It's too early to tell for Baker, Lock, Jones. But for now... it is the future.

What has Dak proven? Monster OL and RB and faced like the 8 worst pass defenses in the NFL. Against real teams like the Saints, Packers, Bills, etc he completely and utterly crumbled. He didn’t perform well against one good team this year. Only the Vikings, which he still lost. Defensive matchups matter. Eagles, Giants, Redskins all had Bottom 7 secondarys this year, and Miami had the worst secondary in the league in the first half of the season. People really need to start looking at substance. 

I think Dak is not a terrible QB, not at all, but he’s right smack in the middle of the pack for QBs in the 14-17 range.  

Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Lamar, Wentz, Ryan, Jimmy, Big Ben, Stafford, Watson, Cousins are all better than Dak Prescott. 

Before you say Jimmy/Kirk are not, where is the evidence supporting this? Jimmy faced one of the toughest DVoA Defensive schedules this year while Dak faced one of the easiest in NFL History. And there stats are quite similar. Not to mention Jimmy doesn’t have Zeke, doesn’t have that OL, and doesn’t have a #1 WR. He didn’t even have a #2 WR until they traded for Sanders. 

Kirk Cousins had a great season also that is quite similar against better defenses, terrible line but better weapons, and beat the Saints on the road and almost beat the Seahawks on the road. Dak looked terrible against every good team he played this season. All of them. That’s been the story of his career actually. 

Once again, I like Dak, good personality, good QB, but he’s middle of the pack and this is the only place the internet that hypes him up this much. No where else does this. 

Bay is a notorious Dak hater. Best to just ignore his ridiculously stupid opinion. 

• Like 2

I mean Rodgers is 2 games away from another SB win, so definitely not. Him, Brady, Brees... they're still very much around, Brees just had the most efficient season of his career. Brady has one of his worst, but also played with an awful cast, and it doesn't sound like he's going away. Also can't forget Wilson. I don't think there's been 1 face of the league in a long time, and that won't change.