Is Patrick Mahomes the new face of the NFL?

Danger

15 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think come next year Lamar and Mahomes will be the new Manning and Brady where both guys are the face of the NFL.

Lamar Jackson is a wait and see.

Rams fans said the same thing about Jared Goff last season, granted Goff wasn't that great to finish the season. 

Browns fans were probably thinking the same last season with respect to Baker Mayfield.

Maybe Jackson will be one of the very best QBs in the league for years but just not sure at this point.

We know Mahomes, short of injuries, will be elite for years. It's obvious.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Lamar Jackson is a wait and see.

Rams fans said the same thing about Jared Goff last season, granted Goff wasn't that great to finish the season. 

Browns fans were probably thinking the same last season with respect to Baker Mayfield.

Maybe Jackson will be one of the very best QBs in the league for years but just not sure at this point.

We know Mahomes, short of injuries, will be elite for years. It's obvious.

Yeah we should give the league MVP one more year of "wait and see" before if we decide if he's really good or not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah we should give the league MVP one more year of "wait and see" before if we decide if he's really good or not.

I'm sure Panthers fans were just like you when Newton won MVP.

But yeah definitly wait and see for me. I wouldnt be surprised at all if Jackson was not a top 5 or even top 10 QB next year.

Was he not already?

I guess it depends on your criteria.. Certainly among NFL fans he has to be regarded as the face of the league - but to casual Americans, there are probably a significant number of players who would come to their minds first