Was Bama the 2nd best team this year with a Healthy Tua?

mdonnelly21

12 members have voted

1. 1. Was Bama the 2nd best team this year with a healthy Tua?

Nope! Bama had an atrocious defense. Bama would have gotten lit up by tOSU and Clemson if they faced off. Ohio State with a healthy Fields is the 2nd best team and has a chance at being the best team. but thats all opinion but Bama is not the 2nd best team

I voted yes but that was an accident

I think it's Ohio State. Then Clemson. Then Alabama. Alabama easily had the weakest defense of the 4 teams. People are using the 46-41 score vs LSU as reasoning for Alabama to be the 2nd best team but ignoring that was when LSU's defense was injured (Alabama's was too but ours actually got healthy), still improving, in T-Town, and one of their TDs was in garbage time, another was a fluke punt return off of a face mask.

Hell, they even had a deep bomb TD on a play where the CB was looking to the sideline due to confusion with the play call. That's 3 TDs, 20 of their 41 points (one of them had a missed XP). In the interest of fairness, they also got 3 points taken away from them due to a fluke fumble by Tua on 3rd down when they were easily within FG range. Still, I don't think Alabama comes close to playing current form LSU in the Dome within 5, even with Tua. 

I think Ohio State overall body of work wise is better than Clemson, but they really botched that game vs Clemson. Clemson is still too good of a team to get away with that against. They weren't the 2nd best team in the world on that day, that's for sure. 

Edited by Spartica4Real

9 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

I voted yes but that was an accident

I think it's Ohio State. Then Clemson. Then Alabama. Alabama easily had the weakest defense of the 4 teams. People are using the 46-41 score vs LSU as reasoning for Alabama to be the 2nd best team but ignoring that was when LSU's defense was injured (Alabama's was too but ours actually got healthy), still improving, in T-Town, and one of their TDs was in garbage time, another was a fluke punt return off of a face mask.

Hell, they even had a deep bomb TD on a play where the CB was looking to the sideline due to confusion with the play call. That's 3 TDs, 20 of their 41 points (one of them had a missed XP). In the interest of fairness, they also got 3 points taken away from them due to a fluke fumble by Tua on 3rd down when they were easily within FG range. Still, I don't think Alabama comes close to playing current form LSU in the Dome within 5, even with Tua. 

I think Ohio State overall body of work wise is better than Clemson, but they really botched that game vs Clemson. Clemson is still too good of a team to get away with that against. They weren't the 2nd best team in the world on that day, that's for sure. 

That was about a 65% healthy Justin Fields as well.  Ohio State is going to have a juggernaut offense next year assuming Fields gets back to 100%.  Olave/Wilson/Fleming at WR (and some other solid pieces there too), 3/5 of the line coming back and 2 5 star replacements ready to fill in those other 2 spots, Master Teague isn't JK Dobbins, but he is going to be a monster to take down with another year of strength and conditioning, multiple weapons at TE, and the defense while losing a lot is still going to be one of the best in the nation.  Shaun Wade coming back was huge.

They had MAJOR defensive issues. Their offense was absolutely lethal, but I think that their defense gets smoked vs OSU and Clemson and they struggle to have the consistent success offensively that they had against other teams. Even if they score 35-45 against OSU or Clemson (which I'm skeptical of), they give up 40+ IMO.