Panther's LB Luke Kuechly announces retirement

.Buzz

7 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Anyone else think this isn’t the greatest look for the NFL? Players in their prime hanging em up. 

no, it happen.

Jim Brown retired early

Barry Sanders retired early

Calvin Johnson retired early

Now Luke. It happens. Plenty other of great players have left the game a few years early. Better early than late

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Anyone else think this isn’t the greatest look for the NFL? Players in their prime hanging em up. 

Great player, loved watching him play, and glad he can walk out when he wants to but with all the attention medically the NFL is getting could lead to more cause for concern.

I FULLY support players doing this but you are 100% right. More players doing this will continue to put more and more pressure on the NFL to make it invest more money/time into R&D on how to reduce concussions.

The more we learn about brain injuries the more people will do this. 

Edited by ILoveTheVikings
  • Like 1

The injuries were starting to pile up for him. He has every right to walk away. I remember one of his injuries a season or so again (forget where and when), he was actually in anguish and crying on the field, or was completely traumatized. I can't seem to pinpoint exactly what, but it was in that nature. Almost like a scene from a war movie. 

This should be deemed normal now and everyone needs to start getting used to it. Thanks for the memories Luke. Happy retirement. You earned it.

Edit: Here it is...

Edited by Nex_Gen

31 minutes ago, buno67 said:

no, it happen.

Jim Brown retired early

Barry Sanders retired early

Calvin Johnson retired early

Now Luke. It happens. Plenty other of great players have left the game a few years early. Better early than late

Why would you forget about the great OSU running back Robert Smith.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I FULLY support players doing this but you are 100% right. More players doing this will continue to put more and more pressure on the NFL to make it invest more money/time into R&D on how to reduce concussions.

The more we learn about brain injuries the more people will do this. 

As much as I hate seeing great players walk away, completely and admittedly selfishly for my entertainment, I hope these stars leaving the game early will force the NFLs hand into taking care of the ones who draw in all the money and fans medically and however else needed, long after they retire and walk away from the game.