Panther's LB Luke Kuechly announces retirement

.Buzz

21 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I heard he was pretty good at that football thing. Good for him. Obviously he took Marshawn's advice to heart.  

Next stop Canton.

I don't know about that.  I hope he makes it in, but I could see a scenario where he doesn't make the hall-of-fame.

Just now, showtime said:

I don't know about that.  I hope he makes it in, but I could see a scenario where he doesn't make the hall-of-fame.

Showtime, I hope you leave your house tomorrow, but I could also see a scenario where you don't. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Wow dude, this is just becoming so much more common. I don't think he even makes the Hall of Fame given his resume and longevity, but damn was he a good player.

7x all apro and 1x defensive player of the year isnt good enough to get in? then is no one ever getting voted in ever again?

7 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

As much as I hate seeing great players walk away, completely and admittedly selfishly for my entertainment, I hope these stars leaving the game early will force the NFLs hand into taking care of the ones who draw in all the money and fans medically and however else needed, long after they retire and walk away from the game.

Not having 17 games would be a start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

7x all apro and 1x defensive player of the year isnt good enough to get in? then is no one ever getting voted in ever again?

Derrick Brooks, Kevin Greene, Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Mike Singletary, Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas and Brian Urlacher.

Those are some of the LBs who have gotten in in recent memory.  You think Keuchly is up there with those guys considering the fact he retired as early as he has? 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Derrick Brooks, Kevin Greene, Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Mike Singletary, Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas and Brian Urlacher.

Those are some of the LBs who have gotten in in recent memory.  You think Keuchly is up there with those guys considering the fact he retired as early as he has? 

Look at his credentials next to guys like Andre Tippett, Dave Wilcox, or Harry Carson. Kuechly and Willis deserve to be there even if they retired early.

• Like 2

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Look at his credentials next to guys like Andre Tippett, Dave Wilcox, or Harry Carson. Kuechly and Willis deserve to be there even if they retired early.

I mean, Tippett is in the vaunted 100 sack club and has a defensive player of the year trophy.  Wilcox played in the 60's... the game was much different back then.  You make a fair point, though.

54 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Anyone else think this isn’t the greatest look for the NFL? Players in their prime hanging em up. 

Yes and no. The man is set for life. His family won't have to work a day in their lives if he managed his money wisely. People tend to look at the positives as we don't really get to see the day to day struggles of the injuries and the effects they have long term. I think kids will see someone retiring and 28 and strive for that life.

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

the only thing retiring early should do to his hall of fame induction is move it up a few years.