Panther's LB Luke Kuechly announces retirement

.Buzz

Sounds really ***** of me, but I had my first concussion this year at the age of 28 this weekend. Don’t remember anything. Can’t imagine playing the most physical sport in the world and having numerous. Good for him and congrats to have him for an AMAZING career.
I would’ve never understand having a concussion until actually having one. Unreal. 

Edited by Herbie_Hancock

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the HOF discussion has to apply context.

He was absolutely elite, best in the game at his prime.  He was more or less elite his whole career. He didn’t get washed at 28 and walk away, he did so by choice.

IMO he’s a HOFer. Anyone who doesn’t only says so because he didn’t compile enough stats to look good in comparison to others.  But anyone who ever watched the guy play would easily say “yeah, that dude’s one of the best to have done it”.  That’s HOF worthy to me.

When he ran down Landry last year with Landry having about a 20 yard head start I don't know if I have ever been as shocked by something on the football field. Landry isn't a burner but a LB shouldn't have that kind of speed. He'd get my vote, He seemed like he could do it all.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I know it’s an expression but do you never want your kids to work a day in their lives?

I'd want my kids to work, definitely. But they (Luke's kids, if he has them) won't have to to provide basic necessities for themselves if it's what he wants. They'll potentially be free to do what they want/love for work and not worry about college, medical, or other debt that affects so many people. If I had the money, I'd do that for my kids for sure. But, I also wouldn't just let them sit home all day wasting their life away.

Love what you do and you’ll never work another day in your life, or something.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

no, it happen.

Jim Brown retired early

Barry Sanders retired early

Calvin Johnson retired early

Now Luke. It happens. Plenty other of great players have left the game a few years early. Better early than late

Things that can make a player retire from the game they love and leave millions of dollars on the table:

-Multiple traumatic head injuries with potentially lifelong affects, leading to hellish living conditions.

-Spending your career with the Browns or Lions.

• Like 2

As for Luke:

This definitely sucks because the league loses a great talent, but I 100% fully commend ANY of these guys that decides to dip out a couple years too early rather than even one single game too late. Take care of your damn self, because at 30 you still have MANY decades left. Enjoy them.

I'll also admit, I have pretty high standards for the Hall of Fame, but I'd give some serious thought to Kuechly. He made his impact known from day one, and had a fantastic run. One of those guys that you hear about, and read about, but then you get to watch him play and he still jumped off the screen.

13 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Well Jim Brown won an NFL championship so he isn't like the others.

Then again the Browns had existed 20 years when Brown retired and they won 8 championships in that time. That wasn't the same ole Browns back then.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:
1 hour ago, DannyB said:

Well Jim Brown won an NFL championship so he isn't like the others.

Then again the Browns had existed 20 years when Brown retired and they won 8 championships in that time. That wasn't the same ole Browns back then.

You must be fun at parties.