Panther's LB Luke Kuechly announces retirement

.Buzz

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

My favorite LB in the league since his rookie season. I hope he's able to live the rest of his life without complications from his multiple concussions. He should get into the HOF. Hopefully he ends up on ESPN or NFLN.

Man, can he go wherever Romo goes?  I think I'd pay money to listen to that commentary.  Romo's offensive calls and Luke's counters.

And best to Luke.  Great player.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Well, Robert Smith retired at age 28...and Barry Sanders retired at 29.  The Lions haven't recovered since then.  And actually I think Jim Brown had more issues with Paul Brown than Modell.  I actually believe that he and Modell got along fairly well.

Brown hated Modell. Brown was going to miss some training camp practices because he was going to finish filming a movie. Modell said if he does, he is going to fine him for every practice missed. Brown told modell to go pound sand and retired. 

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Brown hated Modell. Brown was going to miss some training camp practices because he was going to finish filming a movie. Modell said if he does, he is going to fine him for every practice missed. Brown told modell to go pound sand and retired. 

That's funny...that must have been written out of the history books, because everywhere I've read is that Jim Brown didn't like Paul Brown's coaching style and went to Art to get rid of Paul.  

Echo the sentiments of many in this thread. Gutted to see him retire as I enjoyed watching him play so much.

HOF player for me. Was the leagues best off-ball linebacker from 2013 - 2017 imo. Excellent player.

He's done the right think for himself and his long term health.

With the kind of guy he showed he was throughout his career, I'm sure he left it all on the field.

People saying hes's holding back and making a smart decision, really don't understand how these guys work.

To come to this and retire at such a young age, must give you an idea of what he has been going through and the amount of sacrifice he surely made to keep playing the game he so clearly loves.

Really one of the great ones at the position and clearly a HOF player.

Edited by kramxel
  • Like 1

Very sad hes retiring . It may very well become a trend and force owners to seriously look into concussion prevention if their superstars keep doing this. Granted the league has been making strides in that area but they may push more money into that area of research and development.

He was fantastic to watch. I remember one game, can't recall the exact year but him and Brady kept changing calls at the line. Was hilarious to watch. 2013 or 2014 I think.

All the best to him of course. I wish there was a way to prevent or erase injuries.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh