*BTC's 2020 Mock Off-Season*

BleedTheClock

*Here's my crazy off-season where we make some rash moves.
*It's not my ideal realistic scenario, but just a fun way to kill time while bored at work.

Big Releases/Not Re-Signed:

• Drew Stanton QB  (Not a necessary re-signing.)
  • Ricky Seals-Jones TE  (Not a bad player, but we can upgrade to a complete TE.)
  • Chris Hubbard OT  (Just garbage. He deserves to be cut.)
  • Olivier Vernon DE  (I like him, but he's making a lot of money. With a new 3-4 scheme, he's not needed.)
  • Christian Kirksey ILB  (I wish him the absolute best. He doesn't fit a 3-4 and he's oft-injured. Making way too much money.)
  • Adarius Taylor ILB  (He did nothing for us last year. We can sign an UDFA and make the same impact.)
  • Terrance Mitchell CB  (He's not a bad player, but his tackling is horrendous. We can save some cash by getting rid of him.)
  • TJ Carrie CB  (Boo. Bad player with a bad contract. He was much better last year. Doesn't fit a man coverage scheme.)
  • Damarious Randall FS  (I don't like his attitude and he's going to command way too much to justify keeping him around.)

Big Re-Signings:

• Kareem Hunt RB  (Re-signed for average RB money. Great player to pair with Chubb.)
  • Rashard Higgins WR  (Re-signed to a nice contract. He's got juice with Baker. Will have a bigger role in 2020.)
  • Greg Robinson OT  (Re-signed for backup money. Swing tackle that could be a fringe starter.)
  • Joe Schobert ILB  (Re-signed to a nice contract. Leader of the defense and a great fit for a 3-4 with his versatility.)

New Free Agents:

• Arik Armstead DE  (A very good starting 5-Tech that can rush the passer and hold the point of attack in the run game. Young with some untapped upside.)
  • Vonn Bell FS  (Solid starting FS. Good in all areas and still young with upside. Shouldn't break the bank.)
  • Danny Shelton NT  (Great rotational 0-Tech. Will split reps with Larry Ogunjobi. My biggest gripe with Dorsey was getting rid of Shelton.)
  • Case Keenum QB  (Cheap backup QB that could step in during an emergency.)
  • Morgan Fox DE  (Familiarity with Wade Phillips. Decent depth for the 5-Tech position.)

Trades:

Cleveland Receives:
1. #2 overall pick
2. OT Trent Williams

Washington Receives:
1. WR Odell Beckham
2. WR Jarvis Landry

Cleveland Receives:
1. TE OJ Howard

Tampa Bay Receives:
1. 2020 3rd round pick

Cleveland Receives:
1. #17 Overall
2. 2020 2nd
3. 2020 5th
4. 2021 2nd

Atlanta Receives:
1. #10 Overall (DE AJ Epenesa)

Cleveland Receives:
1. #30 Overall
2. 2020 6th
3. 2021 1st

Kansas City Receives:
1. #17 Overall (SS Grant Delpit)

NFL Draft:

#2: Chase Young/OLB/Ohio State
(Chase Young is a superstar. Pairing him with Garrett gives us the scariest duo of pass rushers maybe ever.)

#30: Tyler Biadasz/OG/Wisconsin
(I have him rated as the best OL in the draft. We don't really need a C, so he'll play OG for us until Tretter retires.)

2nd: Devonta Smith/WR/Alabama
(Time to replace Landry and Beckham. Smith has the speed to dazzle and rip the top off of a defense. I'm convinced Baker doesn't need superstar WR's to be successful.)

2nd: Trey Adams/OT/Washington
(Great pass blocker with massive size and potential. Injury history is a little concerning, but Adams is a very good player when healthy. He starts at RT until Trent Williams retires.)

3rd: Kenny Willekes/OLB/Michigan State
(Pass rush phenom with a crazy good motor. Gets after it on every snap and frustrates every OT he sees. Depth behind Young and Garrett.)

4th: Alohi Gilman/SS/Notre Dame
(A stud run stopper. Elite at filling alleys and tackling--two of our biggest weaknesses last year. Sits behind Burnett for a season before taking off.)

5th: Essang Bassey/CB/Wake Forest
(My favorite sleeper pick. Great in tight man coverage situations. Competes for the football. A natural pest that can play NCB right away.)

6th: Calvin Throckmorton/OT/Oregon
(Powerful blocker that moves very well laterally. Might not have the size for OT, but could provide depth at 5 OL positions going forward.)

6th: Joe Bachie/MLB/Michigan State
(Mean. Instinctive. Fast. Tough. All of these things make Bachie look like a future NFL starter. I love the kid and am surprised he isn't getting more buzz.)

6th: Trajan Bandy/CB/Miami Fl.
(Superb athlete. Great tackler. Solid in coverage. Not very big, but built strong. Probably profiles as a small safety or a NCB in the future. Special teams potential.)

7th: Richie Worship/FB/Purdue
(Best FB in the draft. Built like a tank. Has long speed. I coached against this dude at Valley Forge HS and he tore us a new B-hole. He's a great option at FB.)

UDFA: Tanner Muse/FS/Clemson
(Always had a soft spot for Muse. He's big and instinctive, but too stiff laterally to be a great cover man. Special teams potential.)

2020 Opening Day Roster:

QB: Baker Mayfield/Case Keenum/Garrett Gilbert
RB: Nick Chubb/Kareem Hunt/Dontrelle Hilliard
FB: Richie Worship
WR: Devonta Smith/Rashard Higgins/Taywan Taylor/Damion Ratley/Derrick Willies/Khadarel Hodges
TE: OJ Howard/David Njoku/Demetrius Harris
LT: Trent Williams/Greg Robinson
LG: Joel Bitonio/Drew Forbes
C: JC Tretter/Eric Kush
RG: Tyler Biadasz/Wyatt Teller
RT: Trey Adams/Calvin Throckmorton

LE: Arik Armstead/Chad Thomas
NT: Larry Ogunjobi/Danny Shelton/Daniel Ekuale
RE: Sheldon Richardson/Morgan Fox
LOLB: Chase Young/Kenny Willekes
MLB: Joe Schobert/Sione Takitaki/Mack Wilson/Joe Bachie
ROLB: Myles Garrett/Porter Gustin
CB: Denzel Ward/Greedy Williams/Essang Bassey/Trajan Bandy/Tavierre Thomas/Robert Jackson
FS: Vonn Bell/Sheldrick Redwine
SS: Morgan Burnett/Alohi Gilman

K: Austin Seibert
P: Jamie Gillan
KR: Devonta Smith/Trajan Bandy
PR: Devonta Smith/Trajan Bandy

2021 Draft Selections:

1st (CLE)
1st (KC)
2nd (CLE)
2nd (ATL)
3rd (CLE)
4th (CLE)
5th (CLE)
6th (CLE)
7th (CLE)

Nice format. You got wild with this one lol.

Terrance Mitchell is too good to cut and actually has a reasonable contract. With Greedy and Ward oft-injured, he's a starter and the money he makes is nowhere close to that.

Sadly, the 3rd best WR in the draft and most slept on prospect DeVvonta Smith decided to return to Bama.

Bandy is the late round truth.

Muse is the UDFA truth (will run 5.00 though)

Throckmorton is a great mover but has negligible pop or power on the outside imo.

Adams is butt cheeks in 2nd round; in the 3rd he's nah; in the 4th fine.

Love Bachie but I don't see fast.

Nice FA additions.

All together would be insane offseason though

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Big Releases/Not Re-Signed:

• Ricky Seals-Jones TE  (Not a bad player, but we can upgrade to a complete TE.)
  • Terrance Mitchell CB  (He's not a bad player, but his tackling is horrendous. We can save some cash by getting rid of him.)

These are the only two I really disagree with, not that I'll lose sleep if we do go away from them. I think Mitchell is a solid rotational piece and I actually like Seals-Jones more than most. I think that if we have a healthy Njoku combined with RSJ, they can cause some matchup issues and RSJ provides an insurance policy for Njoku and is a stopgap while we try to address the TE position going forward.

Big Re-Signings:

• Kareem Hunt RB  (Re-signed for average RB money. Great player to pair with Chubb.)
  • Rashard Higgins WR  (Re-signed to a nice contract. He's got juice with Baker. Will have a bigger role in 2020.)
  • Greg Robinson OT  (Re-signed for backup money. Swing tackle that could be a fringe starter.)
  • Joe Schobert ILB  (Re-signed to a nice contract. Leader of the defense and a great fit for a 3-4 with his versatility.)

I like all of these, albeit I don't have an opinion one way or the other about Higgins. I'd be fine re-signing him while drafting someone in the 3rd in this loaded WR class as his replacement and immediate Red Zone/outside the numbers threat that allows us to move OBJ/Landry in and out of the slot, not to mention Njoku.

New Free Agents:

• Arik Armstead DE  (A very good starting 5-Tech that can rush the passer and hold the point of attack in the run game. Young with some untapped upside.)
  • Vonn Bell FS  (Solid starting FS. Good in all areas and still young with upside. Shouldn't break the bank.)
  • Danny Shelton NT  (Great rotational 0-Tech. Will split reps with Larry Ogunjobi. My biggest gripe with Dorsey was getting rid of Shelton.)
  • Case Keenum QB  (Cheap backup QB that could step in during an emergency.)
  • Morgan Fox DE  (Familiarity with Wade Phillips. Decent depth for the 5-Tech position.)

I love the first four. I don't know who Morgan Fox is, so no opinion one way or the other.

Trades:

Cleveland Receives:
1. #2 overall pick
2. OT Trent Williams

Washington Receives:
1. WR Odell Beckham
2. WR Jarvis Landry

A few things here:

1. I don't think Williams has much of anything left. He's early 30s, has cancer/head issues, and has a hard time staying healthy. If by trading OBJ and Landry you want an immediate culture change, then I understand it, albeit I'd be super skeptical and it will, as you said, never happen.

Cleveland Receives:
1. TE OJ Howard

Tampa Bay Receives:
1. 2020 3rd round pick

SIGN ME UP! Out of curiosity, why are so many people low on him/why were there so many rumors about TB trading him?

Cleveland Receives:
1. #17 Overall
2. 2020 2nd
3. 2020 5th
4. 2021 2nd

Atlanta Receives:
1. #10 Overall (DE AJ Epenesa)

I'd do this in a heartbeat

Cleveland Receives:
1. #30 Overall
2. 2020 6th
3. 2021 1st

Kansas City Receives:
1. #17 Overall (SS Grant Delpit)

I'd do this in a heartbeat as well.

NFL Draft:

#2: Chase Young/OLB/Ohio State
(Chase Young is a superstar. Pairing him with Garrett gives us the scariest duo of pass rushers maybe ever.)

Absolute no brainer there.

#30: Tyler Biadasz/OG/Wisconsin
(I have him rated as the best OL in the draft. We don't really need a C, so he'll play OG for us until Tretter retires.)

I like him. As I've told you before, it does concern me that you take a kid and immediately change him to another position when he projects to highly elsewhere, but I understand your BPA rationale and the instant impact he will have on our roster.

2nd: Devonta Smith/WR/Alabama
(Time to replace Landry and Beckham. Smith has the speed to dazzle and rip the top off of a defense. I'm convinced Baker doesn't need superstar WR's to be successful.)

He is returning to school, but he's outstanding

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/devonta-smith-announces-nfl-draft-decision-blackwell

2nd: Trey Adams/OT/Washington
(Great pass blocker with massive size and potential. Injury history is a little concerning, but Adams is a very good player when healthy. He starts at RT until Trent Williams retires.)

Sign me up. Instant starting material at RT and adds much needed depth. Even if he's not a great run blocker, we desperately need pass protection.

3rd: Kenny Willekes/OLB/Michigan State
(Pass rush phenom with a crazy good motor. Gets after it on every snap and frustrates every OT he sees. Depth behind Young and Garrett.)

If he's there, I'd much rather have Winfield Jr.

2021 Draft Selections:

1st (CLE)
1st (KC)
2nd (CLE)
2nd (ATL)
3rd (CLE)
4th (CLE)
5th (CLE)
6th (CLE)
7th (CLE)

This checks a LOT of boxes for me. Yep...this is fantastic.

I respect it...but a couple things which have already been mentioned....Cutting Terrance Mitchell is pointless.....he's on a SUPER cheap deal and has shown he can be a spot starter and not crap the bed. AND he is the Vet Presence in our Secondary, that is going to get EVEN younger this year...

Also...I like in the DMV area...and one of my Best Friends on earth is a Skins fan.....I myself have developed a soft spot for the Skins.....and With the kids they got McClauren, the Kid from NC State and the UDFA slot guy they found....they feel they are pretty good at WR....and there would be 0 talk about the #2 that didn't include pick 10 and additional assets. They probably wouldnt trade #2 for Landry and Becham.....and also they STILL believe Trent Williams has late 1rst round/Early 2nd value....

Also, Tampa Bay doubtfully trade OJ howard for just a 3rd.

See....that's why I cant talk to Redskins fans.....I just talked to my boy....and told him about the projected trade......he said "Come on Man, that's nowhere near enough" and I could agree with that, to a point....but this was his reply....and I'm sharing this because everyone needs a good Laugh...

Browns get #2 and Trent Williams

Skins get: #10 + OBJ + Myles Garret + 2021 2nd......

And he was Serious.........

And I told him.......

tenor.gif

• Like 1